Two clans for Deus Ex The Conservatist and Liberal

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Kelkos
UNATCO

Two clans for Deus Ex The Conservatist and Liberal

Post by Kelkos »

Ok, I believe that there should be two clans for Deus Ex. The conservatist and the liberal.

The Conservatist

The Conservatist or (Con) basically reflects the ideology of conserving the "traditional" Deus Ex experience. Square Enix's trapezoid shaped boxes, and YEEEAAArgh sounds. So this particular group is against mods that completely change the game. Graphic mods are ok, but game styles, storylines and massive improvements are not. They ought to conserve the true spirit of Deus Ex. Rather to let it overcome by a completely xenophobic modification.If you're a Conservatist, you have the right and obligation to preserve deus ex's true essence, to stand up against any storyline or large modification that completely thwarts DX's direction

The Liberal

The Liberals or (Lib) have the right to completely change Deus Ex. They sought the true purpose of Deus Ex to be artistically modified and exploited for their own gains. However, they have an edge, as they accept mods that completely change the storyline. If you're a Liberal , that means you have no boundaries or limits between modifying Deus Ex. You can make any mods for deus ex regardless of the plot holes in storyline. So, free modding everyone.

So, who are you........

Conservatist or Liberal

To make it easy for you however, you can call 'em Cons and Libs
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: Two clans for Deus Ex The Conservatist and Liberal

Post by FastGamerr »

Kelkos wrote:Ok, I believe that there should be two clans for Deus Ex.
Clans are horrible.
Last edited by FastGamerr on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Don't mean to sound rude at all BTW, but

1. Square Enix only made HR and MD.
2. I can see what you're, but the way you present doesn't make that much sense. Every mod is different in there own way. Some mods add changes and improvements to the base game, while others like TNM and Nihilum are complete overhauls of the game, using the mechanics, models, and weapons from the orignal. In between those two is a very small amount of standalone mission and mission packs like Zodiac, or Unreal Revolution. Comparing the two wouldn't work well, because they're both going for different things in there own way; it's just that they happen to be using the same game as a base.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Fast. Guess the ice is really gettin' in your head. Finnish.

Bogie. I mean't that conservatists preserve the actual deus ex feel and don't want it to be modified in any way. The vanilla deus ex + HDTP and New Vision is acceptable for conservatists, but for liberals, any mod is free. The cons simply preserve Deus Ex's nostalgic feel.
Last edited by Kelkos on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You have been issued a formal warning for cussing out another user. There will be no further warnings.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Kelkos wrote: Bogie. I mean't that conservatists preserve the actual deus ex feel and don't want it to be modified in any way. The vanilla deus ex + HDTP and New Vision is acceptable for conservatists, but for liberals, any mod is free. The cons simply preserve Deus Ex's nostalgic feel.
Ah, I see now. In that case, I'm leaning more towards con, mostly because of how much they can improve the game while working around the limits and issues, and fixing existing ones (Not to say that lib mods are bad in any way).