Mortecha's Weapon Mod Discussion

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DevAnj
UNATCO

Re: Mortecha's Weapon Mod Discussion

Post by DevAnj »

Let me put this clearly. Mortecha didn't want interchangeable mods initially, that was suggested by you since you argued that having scopes and holo sights come from one kit would be unrealistic and would lead to expectations of being able to take them off; he happened to like that idea and was willing to discuss its implementations further with you, but then got weirded out because you were too obsessed with navel gazing on what would happen if players could attach/detach scopes at will(despite the fact that scopes are really not that helpful in Deus Ex until you get a weapon skill Mastered, and even then usually firing normally has advantages over scoped fire in several situations). You need to acknowledge that some of the blame of this debacle lies squarely with you.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Sigh. Perhaps I am to blame for some issue or other, sure. Minor mistakes and miscommunications can happen. I'm certain I've been nothing but reasonable and restrained, but sure. And interchangeable scopes would have had multiple valid negative consequences. That should have been clear. But you're just looking for any angle as always.

Also, thanks for the reminder to use that ignore button.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
I am glad to have stopped working with you and I can now focus on creating a mod with functionality I want without having to waste time and dealing with sheer frustration of trying to get one idea across.
That's really all this was about. My planning and attempts to get things to fit in with the pre-existing design was merely a wall for you to knock down. You wanted your interchangeable mods and such with zero regard for said pre-existing design and zero planning, and if you weren't going to get it you'd throw the wobblies. The first wobbly you threw was when I took a stance for generic scopes a mere two pages into the discussion! AND despite repeated statements that I'm open to other ideas or compromises. I should have got the hint then, but the apology seemed so sincere...
Drama queen much? We have said our pieces and now all you need to do is get over it.

I'm much happier now that I have the freedom I require to pursue what I want to. These things happen, it didn't work out and now we go about creating our separate mods. I do believe that this is what is called differences in creative opinion.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Irony!
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Sad to see there cannot be a true collaboration in the creation of this mod but I think there is a rather simple solution.

Mortecha will do everything the way he feels it should be and CP may be given permission to use the created material that fits into his vision of GMDX.

This way nobody gets hurt and there is no compromise being forced on either party.
Last edited by Salk on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Salk wrote:Sad to see there cannot be a true collaboration in the creation of this mod but I think there is a rather simple solution.

Mortecha will do everything the way he feels it should be and CP may be given permission to use the created material that fits into his vision of GDMX.

This way nobody gets hurt and there is no compromise being forced on either party.
That is a noble suggestion, but I'd rather make this into a mod that can then be integrated into other mods after it has been complete. And form one of a number of modules that can enabled by the player. Or maybe combine the modules together to create an overall overhaul mod, but that is looking too far into the future at this point in time.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Well, it seems this project is on hiatus, together with its author.

Too bad. It was promising.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Salk wrote:Well, it seems this project is on hiatus, together with its author.

Not at all, still here and still in development.

And your post was like a day after my last reply, quite confused about thatXD

The mod will be a standalone replacement of all the ingame weapons retaining ingame weapon functionalities, including attachments. Other TC mods can then integrate it if they so desire.
RoSoDude
Thug

Post by RoSoDude »

Mortecha wrote:

The mod will be a standalone replacement of all the ingame weapons retaining ingame weapon functionalities, including attachments. Other TC mods can then integrate it if they so desire.
Glad to hear it, man. I'm still looking forward to the final result -- if any game deserves new polish and spiffy design, it's DX.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Mortecha wrote:

Hi there! :smile:

Nice to see you again. I wrote that post on the 30th of March and the last entry of yours just above it is dated 21st, Jan. Now it is my turn to be confused reading my post was like a day after your last reply?

GMDX v9 is going to be great (unfortunately real life is interfering with my possibility of contributing feedback these days... :cry: )
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Ahh yes, I must have seen another date and drew that conclusion. Looking at it now I was incorrect haha.
minaxi7976
Mole Person

Post by minaxi7976 »

Warninglights.Net is a website that provides you with the meaning of dashboard warning lights for all vehicles.