MWM Combat Knife Discussions and Previews

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mortecha
UNATCO

MWM Combat Knife Discussions and Previews

Post by Mortecha »

I'm going after something like the KA-BAR D2 Extreme with the coloration exactly like those in the first image.

Any feedback would be more than welcome, and updates will continue to be posted here.
Last edited by Mortecha on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Made in China
MJ12

Re: GMDX MWM Combat Knife Discussions and Previews

Post by Made in China »

Looks very nice - although note that the KA-BAR pommel and handguard are also intended as a clipping-on points for attachment to a rifle as a bayonet. I think that they should be modified, as not only it's against the Geneva Convention it's also a very antiquated way of thinking about knives and rifles.
Maybe a less pronounced handguard and a symmetric pommel?
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Made in China wrote:Looks very nice - although note that the KA-BAR pommel and handguard are also intended as a clipping-on points for attachment to a rifle as a bayonet. I think that they should be modified, as not only it's against the Geneva Convention it's also a very antiquated way of thinking about knives and rifles.
Maybe a less pronounced handguard and a symmetric pommel?
I don't think it should be modified at all and I chose this design because I liked the shape and think it is appropriate. It's also a modern variant of the original.

I also liked this shape over the symmetric pommel and thinner hand guard of the original KA-BAR.

If you want a more detailed read, head here: http://hroarr.com/review-ka-bar-d2-extr ... ity-knife/

Also regarding it's use as a bayonet, there are slight variations of this design that can be used as bayonet which feature specially designed hilts and pommels, but this one can not.

Just to be thorougher, the Geneva Convention outlaws triangular bayonets, the KA-BAR is a knife.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Sounds good then.

I was told that we weren't using bayonet anymore because they were outlawed, I'm guessing my officers in training were just copping out. To be honest though, it seemed like a really good way to injure yourself if you didn't sheath it properly and not very practical, so I'm guessing the reason was there - I was just given the wrong one.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Looks good and it looks the part, so nice work!

I've no idea on the minute details. e.g most appropriate size of the hilt, curvature of the blade, material of the grip or whatever else and trust you know those things well enough. So I leave you with the weapon/gun nuts of the community and whoever else that wants to drop by to pay compliment to your work and the like.

Don't anyone be afraid to drop in and show support. It helps the non-profit modder's important morale to receive complements for good work.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Made in China wrote:Sounds good then.

I was told that we weren't using bayonet anymore because they were outlawed, I'm guessing my officers in training were just copping out. To be honest though, it seemed like a really good way to injure yourself if you didn't sheath it properly and not very practical, so I'm guessing the reason was there - I was just given the wrong one.
I wouldn't know, but that doesn't sound right. Did you ever do any bayonet training?
Cybernetic pig wrote:Looks good and it looks the part, so nice work!

I've no idea on the minute details. e.g most appropriate size of the hilt, curvature of the blade, material of the grip or whatever else and trust you know those things well enough. So I leave you with the gun nuts of the community and whoever else that wants to drop by to pay compliment to your work and the like.

Don't anyone be afraid to drop in and show support. It helps non-profit worker's morale to receive complements for good work.
Haha get all the gun nuts in on the action! I can see these specific threads buzzing with gun nut related activities.

There will also be further updates to this and other topics covering the other weapons shortly.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

As said, we aren't using bayonets in the IDF - this was given as a (false) reason why when I asked them.

Since we aren't using it, there's no bayonet training.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Made in China wrote:As said, we aren't using bayonets in the IDF - this was given as a (false) reason why when I asked them.

Since we aren't using it, there's no bayonet training.
Even without having a bayonet, the butt and barrel of the rifle still good for stabbing and striking at the head and torso.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Yeah, we use 3 types of rifle strikes - slashing with the end of the barrel, jabbing with the end of the barrel and a jab/push with the magazine. Striking and uppercutting with the stock was deemed unsafe as it points the barrel away from the enemy and so if the weapon misfires during the strike (which is a real possibility) it can be the cause of friendly fire.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

UPDATE: Added high poly preview images.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Made in China wrote:Yeah, we use 3 types of rifle strikes - slashing with the end of the barrel, jabbing with the end of the barrel and a jab/push with the magazine. Striking and uppercutting with the stock was deemed unsafe as it points the barrel away from the enemy and so if the weapon misfires during the strike (which is a real possibility) it can be the cause of friendly fire.
Butt stroke is the most damaging move you can land on an opponent. Especially to ones head which generally leads to their brain spilling out on the floor. After repeated strokes after you knock them to the floor. But by then, you would have definitely inserted the bayonet into their chest cavity by this point. It's a frantic and messy business that's for sure.

EDIT: Added new image, now it's ready to texture!
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Great job, Mortecha! =D>
Jamezz
Mole Person

Re: MWM Combat Knife Discussions and Previews

Post by Jamezz »

The MWM Combat Knife is a versatile and lethal close-quarters weapon designed for military and tactical use. Its compact and durable design ensures precise strikes and swift movements. With a razor-sharp blade, it serves as a reliable tool for combat, self-defense, and survival situations.