REQUEST: Deus Ex Keypad Overlay Texture

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Made in China
MJ12

REQUEST: Deus Ex Keypad Overlay Texture

Post by Made in China »

Hey - seeing as I need only this one texture for a non-Deus Ex related thing (making an android lock screen), I thought I'd ask others for it and not learn how to do it on my own.
If it could be converted to a format that's actually used (.png, .bmp, I'd even take .jpg) and not in .utx, that'd be great.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: REQUEST: Deus Ex Keypad Overlay Texture

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Made in China wrote:Hey - seeing as I need only this one texture for a non-Deus Ex related thing (making an android lock screen), I thought I'd ask others for it and not learn how to do it on my own.
If it could be converted to a format that's actually used (.png, .bmp, I'd even take .jpg) and not in .utx, that'd be great.
There's three keypad skins, which do you want? Presumably the most common one.
Also HDTP or vanilla? Both just in case, so you can decide once it's in your hand.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I'm not talking about the keypad itself, but rather the overlay that allows you to actually input to the code. I thought there was only one?

And in that case, if it's not too much of an issue, I'd like to have all of them.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Oh, right.

The keypad overlay is made up of four individual texture types (border, background, button, button pressed).
The border appearing based on whether the player has HUDBorders option enabled, the background being a plain empty box, and the buttons placed/duplicated multiple times into the box to make up 0-9 # etc, and the button pressed texture replacing whatever button the player presses for a split second so that it flashes.

You want all these individual textures (excluding button pressed I guess), which you'll then have to rescale (possibly) and put together in photoshop or a likewise program? If so, I'll export them for you.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I could do without the background - as for the others, I need them all. When inputting PIN codes on the lockscreen there are no # and * keys, so I'd replace those with the appropriate buttons.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I forgot there's also the button text the code formats and inserts onto the buttons independently, not as a pre-made texture. So you won't get the button text Font type either.

alright, exporting now...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Two more things: the color of the textures are obviously based on the player's HUD color scheme, and without it are black & white-based (so reasonably close to the default color scheme, but you can always edit the colors if need be), and the texture format is .pcx. You'll need to convert it to Android compatible format.

Here you go: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8449593386

You requested it be in the right format, but you'll have to do notable editing of the textures yourself to make them one so you can convert it then.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Alright, thanks! Will try and make the most out of it. If the end-result looks good or at least serviceable I'll post it here.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

You may be better off taking a screenshot of it in-game. Disable the HUD background translucency and set the appropriate GUI scaling, take the shot then crop it/mask everything else/make everything else in the shot all white or whatever..
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I've used the files you gave me, and preliminary results are pretty good.
I've removed almost everything black in Photoshop for all of the parts, and then changed the hue of the remaining parts (excluding a certain shade of gray) - now it's a variable color display.
I've then placed most of the keys in their correct position, excluding the bottom ones.

Will have to rip the Deus Ex font or use a similar one for the numbers.
Will have to create a theme that overlays button pressed on top of the correct button for .5 second or so. Not that big of a deal but I'll have to dedicate an evening to it.
Maybe use an RGB slider to set the HUD color. If it's too much of a bother I'll just have presets.

Currently, I tested it as a background for another theme - had to fuck around a bit with the aspect ratio, but now it fits perfectly - no elements had to be resized specifically.
I'm not stopping there, though - I'll consider it complete whenever it at least has the correct aspect ratio with the proper number font and doesn't require any other themes.
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »