It's offical Deus Ex is boring. *Cry*

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Dead-eye
X-51

It's offical Deus Ex is boring. *Cry*

Post by Dead-eye »

So I have been playing Deus Ex again, think it's my 27th time, and I have finally come to the point where the game feels boring. I know everything about this game and when I think I find something new and try it I realize that I had already done it that way before or it really was not the interesting.

I'm really only playing it through so that I can make a collection of save games (In HDTP format) that I can use so that I can easily jump into a point in the game whenever I won't. I might upload them or put them on a CD so that I don't need to play the game again every time I won't to check something. However realizing that I have explored almost every nook and cranny of Deus Ex (maybe I didn't read every news paper) I feel a bit sad because although I do think, and might forever think, that Deus Ex is the best game ever it's a tad bit sad to find out that I will be mostly bored with the game whenever I play it from now on... anyone else feel the same?

Good news is that Deus Ex 3 will be out sometime in the future. I'm sure it will be at E3 this year.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Re: It's offical Deus Ex is boring. *Cry*

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

pfft fanboi. You just need to give the game a rest. I've left it now for 2 years because I thrashed the shit out of it till it got boring. Now I'm just waiting till I get REALLY REALLY bored. That way It'll come back to me and make me want to play it again.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Soon your worries will be over as you will be happily playing through TNM 20 times in a row instead.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

Pretty much any game is going to get boring if you play it too many times.

Go get out that old copy of System Shock 2 and play that for a while. :)
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Dead-eye wrote:I know everything about this game and when I think I find something new and try it I realize that I had already done it that way before or it really was not the interesting.
100 quid that you're wrong there. Seriously the general rule with DX is that whenever you start a new game, you find something new. And for me, that extra something, which only a handful of people may have found, makes that particular playthrough worthwhile, at least for me.
How do you usually play DX? Try doing the exact opposite of everything you normally do and see what happens. Or do a challenge/limitation run.
Or if you really think you 'know everything about this game', go and help Dex with his speedrun.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

AgentSmithereens wrote:
Dead-eye wrote:I know everything about this game and when I think I find something new and try it I realize that I had already done it that way before or it really was not the interesting.
100 quid that you're wrong there. Seriously the general rule with DX is that whenever you start a new game, you find something new. And for me, that extra something, which only a handful of people may have found, makes that particular playthrough worthwhile, at least for me.
How do you usually play DX? Try doing the exact opposite of everything you normally do and see what happens. Or do a challenge/limitation run.
Or if you really think you 'know everything about this game', go and help Dex with his speedrun.
Maybe I should try a speed run...
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

OMG 1.7 GB! That is how big my save game file is right now... I guess I put in on my portable but I don't think I can upload... even if I could I wouldn't wast that mush time uploading.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Dead-eye wrote:OMG 1.7 GB! That is how big my save game file is right now... I guess I put in on my portable but I don't think I can upload... even if I could I wouldn't wast that mush time uploading.
Lol, fail.

Mine consists of 3,25 GB (1103 files). And that's with a bugged game in which I can't create new saves because the game simply refuses to comply and won't save at all.