Whats Next?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Whats Next?

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:I know. It it just came to me as I was falling asleep last night, their next project will be

*dramatic pause*

The Cheese Has Eyes.

*eerie music*

It's all in the swiss, man. It's all there. It's a conspiracy, man! THE CAMERAS! IN THE SWISS, MAN!
Nice :lol:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Last edited by Kee715 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Ahahah! I remember that! There's another one where Despot's head is on a bee's body and he's shooting laser eyes at Kashue, who is a bear :p
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

As far as established engines go, modifications of IDTech are quite good - and because it's off the back of the Quake community there's a lot of support for them. Source is a good solution and of particular benefit to OTP because it's very heavily BSP based, but it's renderer is getting kind of old (light maps are going out of fashion nowadays). Leadwerks engine is getting more popular nowadays, and is slowly becoming a viable development platform.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We plan to make a Bejewelled clone.

No, wait. Tetris.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Maybe you could make the most super-advanced-graphics version of Tetris.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, good graphics are for jocks.

We will make an RPG version of Tetris with unparallelled character interaction detail and meaningful long-term consequences to your actions.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Magnas
Thug

Post by Magnas »

Jonas wrote:No, good graphics are for jocks.

We will make an RPG version of Tetris with unparallelled character interaction detail and meaningful long-term consequences to your actions.
I can see the cutscenes now!
Magnas wrote:"T-Block, I love you! I want to spend the rest of my life with you!"
"Fuck off, L-Block! You're a goddamn wackjob!"

[Later]

T-Block found herself standing on a ledge, overlooking a pile of bodies, L-Block atop from the freshest corpse. They were practically face-to-face. The bodies were neatly stacked, a morbid display of time and effort dedicated to such a macabre task. L grasped a young square block, still warm from life. His colors sparkled malevolently in the moonlight and his shrill voice rang out, insane to the very core.

"You shouldn't have been so callous, T! You can't just reject a block like that and expect everything to be fine and dandy! There are consequences to every action! It's about time you learned this!"

L-Block took a deep breath then thrust the Square onto his head, a disgusting baby-crown that ridiculed the very idea of life and civilization in one swift swoop. Suddenly, light flashed and the bodies began to flicker. Their colors fluctuated wildly, from the grayest of grays to the most crimson of reds.

Then, as suddenly as it started, it ended in one last flash of light. The bodies were gone. So was L-Block.

A gripping panic wrapped around her mind. It was as if a large, metal door had slammed down on her. This was all her fault! If she hadn't been so heartless, this never would have happened!

She didn't think her mind could take it. Her mind was trying to compute what had just happened, but she couldn't focus. She could hear something off in the distance. A strange, jaunty, haunting tune that mocked her with its joviality. She was going insane.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

^^ It all took place inside (a) Blender.
Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

Wow, I very nearly shot root beer out of my nose reading that. You should write a screenplay.
All is well. We are not like the others.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

DaveW wrote:As far as established engines go, modifications of IDTech are quite good - and because it's off the back of the Quake community there's a lot of support for them. Source is a good solution and of particular benefit to OTP because it's very heavily BSP based, but it's renderer is getting kind of old (light maps are going out of fashion nowadays). Leadwerks engine is getting more popular nowadays, and is slowly becoming a viable development platform.
IDTech 5 has full support of pre-rendered lighting. ;)
Just because something isn't popular with the new fangled ex boxes and play stations doesn't mean it's being totally replaced. There's still a level of quality that can be done offline that can't be achieved by efficient dynamic lighting. :P

(IDTech 5 also has support for basically creating the entire fucking game from scratch right in the editor, including models and animation, and live updating of the game content across all development platforms so a level designer could compile his new version of a level and a tester on the PS3 could see the level update in real time. Pretty shocking stuff.)
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Oh someday there will be computers fast enough to support real time raytracing and we can say goodbye to the days of memory allocation errors. :giggle:
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

They already have engines that use it - it requires currently high-end computers, but it's perfectly possible on modern and available hardware.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Jonas wrote:No, good graphics are for jocks.

What about a game version of this?