Expanding the Deus Ex Universe.

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Dead-eye
X-51

Expanding the Deus Ex Universe.

Post by Dead-eye »

So I was thinking, I'm not vary here right now... you know what mean? California rocks:
That's what I mean.

OK what we need to do as fans is expand the deus ex unaivers. what I mean by this is that we as fan of the franchise need to find a way to rebuild the stroy. I should let you know that I feel like practicing one of thoughs wrighting technecs, in which you don't stop wtrighting at any point to fix speeeling, you only come back latter to fix it. Unfortunetly I need to debate if I should do that or not.

Yes to spellling no to that other thing. The one that is the idea of the stuff I'm wrighting? Damn I'm wrighting too slow. OK never mind.

Yes back on topic. We need to expand the deus ex unavierse. You know what I mean? >) yeah you know what I mean... what the hell am I talking about? Damn good thing no one vistes these fourms too often. You know I realize that I'm not really a fan of things like Deus Ex anymore. But I still want to be and this is because of Invisable war. How do we talk the Deus Ex we like and have storys in the Deus Ex universe that belong there? TNM was sort of a Deus Ex icon, in a really wired way. That being the pure Deus Ex fan boyism in it. Man it was everywere, Look I can make fun of you guys right? I mean I'm just as big a fan boy as you but well. I debating if I want to spell check this.

SO I got this cool game on steam for $25 today and it's on right now!!! It's totaly awsome...

Man if I could akt like this in public...

GOD DAMN IT!!!! Thire my mind gose the fucking off into nowere... Wel I hope this at lest serves as some amusment to you guys because it's hopefully really funny.

Esle I be compleatly wasting my time and Jonas should totaly lock this thread... else Jonas finds this thread mildly am musing and we should all look up to the man. Jonas is that man.... don't hurt me master... FOURM MONKEY IS BEING A GOOD SLACE MASTER!!!!

Yeah you hird it I'm declaring it here and now this thread is compleatly detacated to Jonas as one big suck up to Jonas... damn he can make a game... what I DO? Nothing I sit on my lazy fat ass with my big old computer that i COUL theoretically make stuff on using the art work stuff. BUT mostly I pla games with it...

Man I don't think I could ever be a good writer in video games. I need to read book which is something I hate...

BACK ON TOPIC: Yes we need to expand the deus ex unavirse and I have found a way to do it. We need to open a door into it from the relative start of the game... or new start and put it all next to the end.

I think I can give deus ex 3 devs a big thumbs up to them the only real problem is that I think we are the only real people, that is the fans, that can expand the deus ex unavierse at this point, or warren specter.

It's sad that Star Wars gets a fan game like KOTOR and Deus Ex gets Deus Ex: invisable war. Hell KOTOR isent even the same platform as star wars?

WHo is making the star wars unavierse and why is KOTOR so much better then IW?

Simpley the fans made it. I think this is something EDIOs need to realize, DEUS EX cannot be expanded until they realse all the source code media and assest of Deux Ex into public domain.

How old do you think I will be when that hapens? Ot you for that matter. Look your reading this and your a DX fan I take it. You used to be able to "FEEL" deus ex right. All I'm saying is that Deus Ex inspires people to be game davlopers, how can we do that without our game?

We could build Deus Ex from scratch... kinda like Deus Ex R. Sadly that was a pip dream. To bad Edios is not making Deus Ex inside

you know hardcore deus ex fans are game davlopers... damint I saying it here and now hell I'm going to pull it, it's the REAL deus Ex Fanboy test

you got to answaer the questions truthfully. You can lie sure but you'll know that your not a real deus ex fan if you didn't slecets "Deus Ex proswaded me to actively pro sued a carrier in the game industy." so far the people I know how are Deus Ex fans are:

Jonas
Mr.Cyberpunck
Jetsetlemming
steele_... whatever her name is
Phasmatis

me... (JUST YOU WAIT<<< ILLL SHOW YOU>>>)

Trestkon... although he's harly ever here.

and a few others

ANYONE ELSE!!!! is consided a lesser fan... oh yeah you bet I said it.
Estenaly if you are a lesser fan you are say hay. I'm not that into deus ex to make video games... thats fairly simple. I'll it really means is that i'm going to ignore you when yyou ask me stuff like, I herd you can save paul but how do I do that...

What we need is a voteing system. JONASE I say we need a voteing system... anyone who voted wrong does not get to vote in elections. Wer need an election system, personally I nominate Jonas as keeper of the Deus Ex. But we still need to vote, that person gets the ultamet say in where the deus ex unavierse is going at the time... to resalve conflentation at the time...

So lets do it , are we going to make a new uvavierse where JC's name is Hay C? And Paul has a sombrero, I mean pontchow.

Damn I don't speek mexican. =( I mean spanesh =( oh well

should we rebuild the Deus Ex unaverise from scrach? I have a thing I'm not working on that we can edit:
http://battleorion.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Orion_Wiki

it's deus ex in space.

I just need to make it all into a video game...

Soorrry you should not look at that it's unfinnshed crap, I need to wirght in it more but I'm lazzy. Yet it would work better if more people where adding too it. It's essentially a rewright of the deus ex unaversie that I started when I was 12. It's Deus Ex and Firefly meet to make battle orion.

I think we the davlopers of Deus Ex could shich our fan base over to something like this.

Originally I was going to have the player Character play as the TOP gun space piolet Johnny Thunder, a the highest ranked mercanary on the fringe. Kinda a life of fame, player cards and stuff all things kids play around with on the fringe. it would have the illumanti, some evil hot chick, Paul Denton as the noble space Caption of the OCS. Gorge Washington, who is considred by the Police to be a sumggler and a feend, Paul would be Mal just with a bigger ship and more military style running of the ship.

I don't like the way MAL ran his ship, although I didn't hate it there is a magic about ships, I know I'm a sailer, saild part way around the world... well California to Hawaii thatssomething right??? well it's a little at any rate I think that JC and Paul Denton would both be space Captions kinda... Maybe thats what I should do? JC who would be not the main character would be a Space Caption instead of a Aghant for UNATCO? Then you control a space ship instead of a guy... well in BOU you would do both, a space caption or fighter jocky and an agent like JC. Think Deus Ex only you would be able to control the space ship... man this is the coolest game ever. You have DEUS EX world travle system, right. only when you go from location to location you would travle from place to place.

i figgure I don't reall have the copacity to make BOU all on my own because it's deus ex in a fourm as a space Opra. It needs work. The main story takes place after the rebles lose the war and the player would lead the old resistance to war agenst Orion Contol (esentally the reinbodyment of the USA and Englend) to retake the ideals of deomcracy. Or join the Illumanti who are in salving the universe. However this time in the end the illumanti loses, kind like KOTOR, because unlike deus ex there would be dafinable good and evil... the have magic so yeah.

Star wars was awsome, I should really go play that game anyway good night.

PS i didn't edit it because I'm lazy, hopefully you can understand my madness.
Dead-eye
X-51

Re: Expanding the Deus Ex Universe.

Post by Dead-eye »

Engilsh IS my FIRST LANGUAGE DMANNIT> I"M JUST MENTALLY RETARDRWED>>> IN A GOOD WAAY!!!

I can be a servise to the deus ex fanboy commity, I have good childesh ideas! ;)
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Oh man this is crazy shit, my head hearts.

HOT BABE total hotty should be the bad guy, like in Star Craft, only this time she's not infected with zombie she is infected with the illumanti... that are gods. The Illumanti is a tool used by the gods to control polotics, get it?

Yeah sleepy time.
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

Hahahaha This Thread Is Totally fucking random !! , I Mean , WTF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT !!

Oh biy , ive never laughed so hard in my life !! hahah !!
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Too long, failed to read.

And do not eat the Purple ones!

I love randomness. :D

But seriously, avoid the Purple ones.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Now that the TNM team has lots of free time, they stould start a new mod where JC rents an house but can't afford it so he has to get a roommate but she doesn't have a lot of money so he has to get another roommate witch causing of a lot of sexual tenison and it's hilarious because the landloard doesn't like them but he's funny escpesially with their constant jokes if Jonas can do a Don Knotts impression? If they gets annoying JC can vortexgrenade them and hack the first girl because she was an AI before the accident! You'll see that life is a frolic and laughter is calling for you, three's company too.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

justanotherfan wrote:Now that the TNM team has lots of free time, they stould start a new mod where JC rents an house but can't afford it so he has to get a roommate but she doesn't have a lot of money so he has to get another roommate witch causing of a lot of sexual tenison and it's hilarious because the landloard doesn't like them but he's funny escpesially with their constant jokes if Jonas can do a Don Knotts impression? If they gets annoying JC can vortexgrenade them and hack the first girl because she was an AI before the accident! You'll see that life is a frolic and laughter is calling for you, three's company too.
lol.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

tl;dr
I'm sure it was hilarious though.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Oh man, what the hell is this? :-s

Oh yeah, OK, that. <_< Yeah the main point of this thread was to say that we could expand Deus Ex by adding missions between the time JC defects from UNATCO to the time he arrives at Area 51. Although it looks like it turned into something else completely... :-k

...just to let you know I think I can understand this.
Last edited by Dead-eye on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Next time, wait for the 'shrooms to wear off before you post.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Jonas wrote:Next time, wait for the 'shrooms to wear off before you post.
'shrooms? I um don't use drugs... I have no idea what your talking about... but if I was on anything at the time of writing this it surly wasn't shrooms...
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Dead-eye wrote:'shrooms? I um don't use drugs... I have no idea what your talking about... but if I was on anything at the time of writing this it surly wasn't shrooms...
We were wondering what it was ;-), "GOD DAMN IT!!!! Thire my mind gose the fucking off into nowere...". 1565 words, although most of them aren't words, detailing a madness that none can follow. I remember defending your English when you joined, thinking you were from Eastern Europe or something ;-). That, and the post seems to be about "we as fan...need to...rebuild the stroy...to expand the deus ex unaivers", so I joked about a massive modification recreating the Three's Company sitcom within DeusEx.exe.

Honestly though, I don't think it's just spelling. You spell things correctly sometimes and not others. Some phrases like "pip dream" (non-native speakers have trouble with English vowel sounds) and "proswaded...pro sued a carrier" (sound metathesis or unusual form), still make me think English is a second language. The spelling is just humourous. The post itself seems either satirical, evidence of general difficulty in communication, or general confusion that a counselor or doctor could help with. Communication difficulties make life unnecessarily difficult, and I'd suggest taking writing classes in your spare time at a local junior/community college or highschool. Since there's an image of white rocks there, I just guessed cocaine and alcohol or meth. As satire it's a lot of fun :). Try reading parts with a pythonesque French accent.

I agree though, with what I think the general idea was. Many Deus Ex mods create a whole new story totally unconnected to Deus Ex. I can see some of the appeal, since DX implements things other games don't have, but I think that the engine is so old that it makes little sense now to create a new DX-unrelated universe using DeusEx.exe. I think the strength of DX is its story and characters. There has to be some relation to DX to justify using it. There actually are some mods that extend DX the way you might want; Man in Black, Klystron, Hotel Carone, UNATCO Born, Zodiac, some of which actually do happen between Deus Ex missions. There's also fan-made single missions. I'm not into a lot of the mods, but here's the thread-
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... php?t=1042
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

^^ Zodiac was awesome. Yes I really am a native english speaker. Keep in mind while writing this I was not stopping... at all. Not to mention I didn't re-read it to check for spelling, mainly because I thought it was funner with the spelling errors. :mrgreen:
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Your concept of "true deus ex fans" was a tad misjudged, too. Essentially a surefire way to alienate the vast majority of your audience (coz they're not on the list...the people you actually listed would I guess merely be alienated by the atrocious misspelling. Of their own names. Poor "steele_...whatever her name is")

And comparing DX to Star wars is pretty stupid too, given that one was a huge broad-spectrum movie franchise years before anyone made a computer game of it, and the other was unique IP as a game, and a game alone.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That's true. There's too much nonsense for the first post to be considered seriously. That general idea I mentioned came mostly from the later post.

Gotta edit to be respectful (to JONASE and Steel_Whatever) and to be taken seriously. If you take a few English classes DeadEye, the writing becomes more natural. More and better editing is always good, but the more you write, the less noticeable a lack of editing is.