Project 2027 - News?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Re: Project 2027 - News?

Post by ggrotz »

Has anyone tried the pizza?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I remember eating a pizza, just regained some health as far as I recall.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:I remember eating a pizza, just regained some health as far as I recall.
Yeah, just mentioned it because I think it's new for DX/mods. I've seen pizza/boxes but they were always decorations. Decided to frob one for some reason and got the "Healed 8 points" message back...thought I'd mention it. I found Majestic, BTW. It's been pretty handy in my new play through.

Aug Resources, playing through from the beginning (more for spoiler documentation, updated with Ded's information below):
Paris:
1) "Digital Vision" aug from the Legionnaires
2) "Closed Rebreather" aug from the Judicans.
3) Afterburner/Energy Saver aug in the Paris Lab (cold room).

Moscow:
1) The Omars will sell a EMP charge/Bullet Time Aug in their train station hideout.
2) Nikolay will give you an aug upgrade if you save him from the crazy Russian soldier.
3) There's a "Digital Vision" aug in the safe on the rooftop.
4) Yuri the Omar will sell you a Mechanical Shield/Thermoptic Camo aug in the club if you become a VIP.
5) There's an "Amrita" aug on the rooftop.
6) One of the train cars at the Moscow train station #336 has an aug upgrade in a safe.

North Lab:
1) There's a Mechanical Shield/Thermoptic Camo aug locked up in a case on one of the supply trains.
2) Aug upgrade in the medical area of the Titan Labs. You can find the password if you look hard enough.
3) If you use the train to get out of the North Lab, you will find a safe in the bunker which contains an aug upgrade.

Moscow: There's an aug upgrade in the Omar hideout (same password as before)

Mt Weather:
1) Aug Upgrade locked up on Floor 1 of the Thantos complex
2) Aug Upgrade on a WIB in the area that you give the order to launch the missile.

I don't know if there's any more anywhere. But those are the ones I'm aware of, hopefully the list can be useful to someone.
Last edited by ggrotz on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Thanks for posting this.
Ded
Mole Person

Post by Ded »

1) Afterburner aug in Paris lab (inside the cold room)
2) Digital vision aug on the rooftop in the recreation room at the helipad.
2) Aug upgrade in the train on the train station outside Moscow (just before flying to North Labs).
3) Aug upgrade in the bunker on the snowy train station outside North Labs (use train from North Labs to get there instead of flying away on a helicopter).
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I don't know if there's any more anywhere. Using the "allaugs" cheat
How did you use cheats? I got lost in the building in Paris that has the water in it you can swim down, has the on/off button to activate the electricity and didn't have any energy left and wanted to cheat to get my BE to full to get light back so I could see to find exit, but put the T=Talk in the 2027 User.ini and it didn't work. Pressed T in the game and nothing happened.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote: How did you use cheats? I got lost in the building in Paris that has the water in it you can swim down, has the on/off button to activate the electricity and didn't have any energy left and wanted to cheat to get my BE
This is one of the (only?) places where the game takes your BE away. Even if you were to cheat to get it it would be gone in short order. Try loading before hand if you discharged your cells already in this process and discharge your blue cells one at a time if you need light (usually the elevator shaft is where I need help).

Otherwise see http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17653 for cheats.
Last edited by ggrotz on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Ded wrote:1) Afterburner aug in Paris lab (inside the cold room)
2) Digital vision aug on the rooftop in the recreation room at the helipad.
2) Aug upgrade in the train on the train station outside Moscow (just before flying to North Labs).
3) Aug upgrade in the bunker on the snowy train station outside North Labs (use train from North Labs to get there instead of flying away on a helicopter).
Thanks for the help, this accounts for the other aug and 2 aug upgrades. I also found an aug upgrade on the WIB at the bottom of the shaft where you give the order to launch the missile since I posted that list. I wonder if these are random or can one expect these to be in the same places all the time?
Ded
Mole Person

Post by Ded »

ggrotz wrote:I also found an aug upgrade on the WIB at the bottom of the shaft where you give the order to launch the missile since I posted that list. I wonder if these are random or can one expect these to be in the same places all the time?
Ah, completely forgot about that. No, it's not random.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Thanks Ded! :mrgreen:
Great mod!

Welcome to the forums by the way. :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
galocza
Mole Person

Post by galocza »

!HERE BE SPOILERS!

i finished the mod a few days ago, and i have to tell im very impressed.
almost as if it was designed for me. i played on realistic and the mod really emphasizes the game elements i include in my playing style: stealth, exploration, conserving ammo and other resources. plus adds a lot of extra niceties:
- spider bots that people didnt seem to use much are very helpful in larger fights (and against cloaked enemies if you dont want to use BE to see them). also great fun!
- spy drones with the detonation perk are awesome, they give a law-grade boom, and you can pack at least 10 of them (i guess - i had 9 of them at the end of the game).
- napalm grenades are very spectacular and useful (although like most grenades quite rare).
- money is tight, you really need to consider buying only the best stuff (bots, mods, augs). i upgraded electronics to 3 in paris (and yes, i struggled somewhat without good fighting skills but it was worth it) just to get as money from atms as possible and even then i just had the money to buy everything i found important.
- i loved the call-a-gunrunner service. i did not actually use it but i laughed out when i tried to use the phone (just for fun) and there was an answer 8)).
- liked the revamped skill system, combined skills are in general more useful, and the choice which to upgrade is not so evident as was in dx (although i regret to have upgraded pistol 8)).
- same goes for augs, i used ALL of them during the game, unlike in dx.
- BE is very important, augs are useful and necessary and some augs drain it in seconds. you really need to consider your options because most resources are relatively scarce: use precious BE or tight ammo or bot health or multitool/lockpick? theres a reason why two of the eight perks give you some way to get/conserve BE...
- i also liked the perks, they complement your augs/skills nicely, accordingly to your gaming style.
- theres a lot of decision making: in paris you have to choose between the two warring factions, in moscow between magnus & the omars (anna navarre being magnuses daughter nice touch btw), at the end of the siberia map you have to decide which way to escape (they yield different awards, among them a small extra map!) and at mt weather of course the ending. very nicely done!
- its very recommendable that the game awards exploration (and in some cases creativity) with relatively good xp bonuses.

the music is not that memorable as a dx main theme or wan chai market theme but good and sets the atmosphere for the game. the mod looks very good (i played again dx a few weeks ago with the opengl renderer & new vision so i know what to compare it to), leaves blown by the wind, snow falling, nice textures and skins for characters & guns.
but where the mod really shines is its level design, especially north labs and mt weather (in dx and in most games i prefer city maps - not here though). there were quite a few times when i had to look for my chin under the table (where it had fallen from the astonishment) how cleverly these levels were made...

the aspects i didnt like were the usual, plus a few:
- bad english which often made even objectives, directions and often descriptions of skills/perks hard to understand.
- lack of background for the main character (although omar or justicar background is very well detailed).
- dialogues werent written/translated by the same person (i guess), phrasing of the main character is inconsistent, like he had a different personality in different conversations.
- i recommend the creators for trying to implement dx:iws no-weapon-in-nightclubs policy, but rearming myself after every visit really was somewhat tiresome.
- im not against using less futuristic looking weapons in 2027 thain in the 2050s but i would have liked to see some development from now to 2027. ok, ak might hold its place, but at least the others could have get some fancy names (not necessary new models or handling) like m4a1 mark III or something to show there was some advancement in 30 years in this area. or including some more modern-looking weapons like fn f2000 (which actually had a cameo in the mod 8)) or g36 would have been nice.
- at the beginning you really doesnt know how long the game will be, or how much xp (skill upgrades/perks) you will get, and the mod doesnt allow too much space for experimenting (and to choose badly). what i mean: a bit more xp would have been great, and i dont think i missed too much opportunity to gain xp. i had 4 electronics, 3 mechanics, 2 pistol and i could only upgrade rifle to 4 only at the very, very end of the game - i didnt REALLY need it, but having at least one fighting skill maxed out is a necessity for me. one mistake (in my case upgrading pistol) can cost you losing the oppurtunity to upgrade something that turns out more important while playing.
- the introductory level was (at least for me) the least interesting (verging on the edge of being boring), its not the level that hooks you on 2027.

all these complaints are minor inconveniences (and i need to stress that i played with the pre-patch version, language related problems should be corrected by now!). some other faults (like not being totally consistent with the dx world) i didnt find that disturbing though.
i cannot emphasize enough how great the game (yes, writing game instead of mod a few times wasnt by mistake) is: it was a great experience. i cannot remember any game or mod that i wanted to play again just after finishing it - 2027 is the first...
big kudos and thanks to the creators!

ps: those who didnt like the game that much, you might want to try to play it in realistic. that way you will be forced more to explore to get your hands on every bit of ammo, every xp, to use gadgets and augs more - and you will appreciate more the effort and thought that went into this mod than just trying to run through it. it needs some effort from the gamer, but it awards it.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote: The other maps are not as bad, but Paris and Moscow were particularly annoying in wandering around to find out where you need to go. It wouldn't have hurt to throw in a "so you won't get too lost, here's a map of the area" somewhere, especially since you are under constant threat a majority of the time.
I got this all worked out. Moscow got easier, just work to the building in the center and you can find most of the things you need. As for the Paris Latin Quarter map, I worked up an image which works as a small spoiler but helps me out. As far as "being under constant threat", don't set off any alarms in the Latin quarter proper and avoid the MIB and you'll have free movement and no hit squads in your way.
Attachments
2027 Paris Latin Quarter image with interesting spots marked.  The tunnels are a little hard to see, but hopefully this will be useful if you get lost trying to find something.
2027 Paris Latin Quarter image with interesting spots marked. The tunnels are a little hard to see, but hopefully this will be useful if you get lost trying to find something.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Possible spoilers here (not in spoiler tags)
The other maps are not as bad, but Paris and Moscow were particularly annoying in wandering around to find out where you need to go. It wouldn't have hurt to throw in a "so you won't get too lost, here's a map of the area" somewhere, especially since you are under constant threat a majority of the time.
Know what you mean, your often talking to people who know the areas your in well enough, you'd think at least one might give you a map to let you know where everything is. Moscow areas really had issues finding where to go (kept finding it hard finding where one lane was until I realised I was walking right past it a lot and didn't realise), got easier near the end when you were about to leave the area and had a fair idea then where everything was after being there a while. The second area the square (you take subway to get to) where you have to destroy all the bots had more problems finding where to go. Another area I got lost very easily was the last areas at Mt Weather, trying to figure where to go or what to do next was annoying, plus I kept running out of ammo at the wrong places and dying not long after as a result.
- same goes for augs, i used ALL of them during the game, unlike in dx.
Only one I used was light, mechanical legs and healing one, although the drain on electricity didn't help when you couldn't get many BE cells in places you needed more (such as the area where you have to swim down to get to other side and use elevator to get down below where it was dark and hard to see without a light). OK, pretty much what was said here:
- BE is very important, augs are useful and necessary and some augs drain it in seconds. you really need to consider your options because most resources are relatively scarce: use precious BE or tight ammo or bot health or multitool/lockpick? theres a reason why two of the eight perks give you some way to get/conserve BE...
- i recommend the creators for trying to implement dx:iws no-weapon-in-nightclubs policy, but rearming myself after every visit really was somewhat tiresome.
Same here, would have been better if you were just "locked out" from using weapons like in IW where you still had your items in inventory, just couldn't use weapons while in clubs and places.

I liked the new way of picking up items from bodies, no longer will you get all their items which often includes ones you don't want like cigs or pistol when you only want to use your stealth pistol etc.., you can just choose which ones to pick up.

One thing that is apparent, you often either: A) run out of ammo at times when you need it or B) have wrong weapons or ammo at wrong time such as needing explosive grenades but finding it hard to get any(like destroying the bots in the square in Moscow, it took me forever to find things to get disable/destroy them) and you can't miss either, miss one with a grenade, not like you can easily get another at that time.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote: Same here, would have been better if you were just "locked out" from using weapons like in IW where you still had your items in inventory, just couldn't use weapons while in clubs and places.
Actually they kind of had that implemented anyway. I tried summoning a weapon while in one of the clubs. Everything's invincible and nothing ever reacts, so it's a waste anyway. But I guess they have their reasons. Biggest annoyance in it is making sure you don't forget something when you leave.