Project 2027 - News?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Re: Project 2027 - News?

Post by ggrotz »

Maximum of 3 attachments, another post. I'll probably strip the attachments later if there's no lasting value to them.

Edit: Okay, I'm not seeing a way to pull off non-lethal when Cyborgs are involved (and I don't think you can non-lethal them anyway). Got to the last fight of the game without dropping a body on my own (the MJ12 commando in the room where you launch the rocket does a great job of fragging something always, it seems).
Last edited by ggrotz on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

It looks like I'm going to have to start a new game of 2027 now.

This mod definitely could do with a manual. Who else here knows that mechanics skill increases the range of drone detonations?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Chris Rosenkreutz wrote:This mod definitely could do with a manual. Who else here knows that mechanics skill increases the range of drone detonations?
I'm not sure about range (or how to tell), but it increases the explosive power of them to be sure (one won't take out a bot at untrained, even if you fly right into it).
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

ggrotz wrote:I'm not sure about range (or how to tell), but it increases the explosive power of them to be sure (one won't take out a bot at untrained, even if you fly right into it).
The range at master is bigger than the LAW. Mostly, it's not hard to tell when you accidentally blow yourself up.

They're quite useful for taking out groups of NPCs round corners. One particular mission that is usually difficult, I found relatively easy to do without casualties despite not having any skill points in weapons.

While I wouldn't call 2027 balanced, it's always good that there are more viable builds than I expected.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Chris Rosenkreutz wrote:While I wouldn't call 2027 balanced, it's always good that there are more viable builds than I expected.
Yeah, as generally untrained I am at non-lethal/stealth, for me to get all the way to the end (and if the Cyborgs were possible to take out non-lethally, I would have finished) says it's quite possible. Probably could have had an easier time of it if I refrained from using the crossbow to the end and used the Baton/Prod more than I did. I just went Medicine/Pistol (what you want to do non-lethally, it is weird to say "Medicine" there as that skill is what bumps up all the low-tech weapons) as opposed to Pistol/whatever or Rifle/whatever else if I want to do lethal. Sometimes I mix in the other bot, sometimes heavy weapons (usually a GEP gun once I get it). But more or less, while things are rarer, like I wrote above, smart decisions always help. That was the main reason I posted all the inventory screens, just to prove the game gives you more than enough to get through if you know where to look and what to do. Edit: I just posted my inventory screen at the end of the game. I just went ahead and went lethal on the Cyborgs.

Note: I'm pretty sure Magnus is probably not possible non-lethally, and I'm not sure how the Asura/Omar go on that category.
Chris Rosenkreutz wrote: This mod definitely could do with a manual. Who else here knows that mechanics skill increases the range of drone detonations?
I can always scrape up what I know into a document (most of which is already in this thread, with copious amounts of spoilers), though it would be better to have someone in the know with the mod to answer questions with certainty like the exact effects of certain things like this question entails.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Chris Rosenkreutz wrote: The range at master is bigger than the LAW. Mostly, it's not hard to tell when you accidentally blow yourself up.
I just did some tests. The answer is "Yes quite so" on the range increase with mechanical skill. I could stick one in a corner of a room on untrained and did no damage to myself or the NPC in that room. Upped it two spots, blew myself up (where I was in the opposite corner).
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote: Note: I'm pretty sure Magnus is probably not possible non-lethally, and I'm not sure how the Asura/Omar go on that category.
Magnus always seems aware of where you are, and given he goes kaboom that was almost dumb to propose. Lethal only, and I think you have to be master on whatever weapon you have with him (that fight is always hard anyway). The Asura/Omar are a mixed bag on non-lethal given their abilities. Tranq darts work on them, but gas only works on the Asura. Given that end fight scenario, and the fact they seem to have the same vision aug as Magnus, baton or prod seems out without taking a lot of damage. Then, they chew up electronics pretty well, so the special neat toy is out. Edit: I figured out a way to pretty consistently take down the Omar/Asura with a (usually) zero body count, so the only non-lethal question left for me is when you have to take down a Cyborg.

So let's just say outside of very limited circumstances, non-lethal is possible in 2027.
ggrotz wrote:
Chris Rosenkreutz wrote: This mod definitely could do with a manual. Who else here knows that mechanics skill increases the range of drone detonations?
I can always scrape up what I know into a document (most of which is already in this thread, with copious amounts of spoilers), though it would be better to have someone in the know with the mod to answer questions with certainty like the exact effects of certain things like this question entails.
I looked through all the screens trying to decide what needs to be in a doc, and most of it is pretty self-explanatory. It doesn't directly spell it out in all cases, but most of the skills functionality is explained, along with the perks. The only thing that really doesn't come out in the skills and perks screen is the fact you get certain "perks" with higher electronic skill when you're on computers that you don't get on lower skills. About the only thing I can think of that would serve a manual well is to explain the new items and how they work (remote console, remote drone, Majestic, RESSIE, napalm grenade, pizza), and a list of the augs in the game that you can get (those are pretty well explained in the Augs screen). Of course, all of that was explained previously in this thread, along with copious spoilers. So the only real value to it would be to get it all in one place.

Suggestions are always good if there needs to be more said.
Last edited by ggrotz on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

Personally to me 2027 is one of the bests TCs
For me the weaponry worked better than in the original in several points.
The recoil was key oppositely to the original game.
In the original game and most mods, the recoil doesn't exist, but you still have to wait like a freak if you want some accuracy
I personally would like to have an opposite approach like having to wait little, but having enough recoil to make low skilled players only use their guns for occasional shooting even if the gun is a freakin' machine gun

An other thing is that 2027 changes the damage scaling, unlike the original, weapons does more damage, but the NPCs are more resistant and some of them do have armored parts

I have to agree with the lack of weapon customization, I mean you can't put a silencer on a gun, attach scopes or even something that could be considered new, a sub weapon like a tazer, shotgun or a grenade launcher. these are bellow the original, but I think that's because of the CS guns, and probably the author preferred the IW approach of special guns with that kind of features

The skill system was simplified, yes but most skills had more power, also the perks does quite their job
some people complains about the lack of explosives, but having the bots ammo perk makes this a non issue
kill the big bot and you get some ammo.
They easily replenish Napalm, SMGs and GEPs

The only new non lethal weapon is that spiderbot (majestic) I know it's very little because we only have the crossbow for ranged attacks, I think the shotgun could have play a role with rubber/electric ammo
Though while I'm not fan of the weapon models (most of them are just real modern weapons); however, the sounds, and the general feeling they have is great.
I'm not fan of the fact that pistols are mostly inaccurate.

but the thing is most people only implemented those weapons over fictional creations ....
Otherwise I loved the vision it was different from the traditional American vision.
The mod looked fantastic and the level design is quite great, I think it lacked of alternate paths here and there, but in general there was one well hidden path.
The gameplay was great in general, but the thing is that the game quite force brutality in some places, I often used the majestic bot at some areas because it's quite the most efficient non lethal weapon of the mod even if it's not perfect due to its AI it's often the best.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Blade sword wrote:In the original game and most mods, the recoil doesn't exist, but you still have to wait like a freak if you want some accuracy
As I've previously mentioned, I agree with you that the recoil in 2027 feels substantially better than in the core game, however it is not accurate to say that there is no recoil in Deus Ex. Rather, the game simulates how recoil works when no shooter skill is involved at all - the gun goes straight up. It is then up to the players themselves to compensate. 2027 simulates how recoil works when a skilled shooter is compensating for it - instead of going straight up, it appears to be somewhat random but strongly centered around the target.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Blade sword wrote:I often used the majestic bot at some areas because it's quite the most efficient non lethal weapon of the mod even if it's not perfect due to its AI it's often the best.
Small tip: It's actually almost TOO efficient (or perfect, as to be a Uber Unconscious whatever), if you learn how to work with it instead of simply sitting back. RESSIE's the same way if you're out for death.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

I've progressed quite a bit into the mod, and now I'm stuck. How do I get inside Titan's room without any electronics skill or using four multitools? Apologies if this has been answered in the thread already.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DevAnj wrote:I've progressed quite a bit into the mod, and now I'm stuck. How do I get inside Titan's room without any electronics skill or using four multitools? Apologies if this has been answered in the thread already.
He actually should tell you how once you get to the point you need to, unless I'm mistaken about what you're talking about?
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

He told me to find a security terminal, which I did, but I can't find the login and password for it anywhere.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Heh, I found the solution myself. The service elevator takes you to the other side of the door, which lets you find the password from the datacube on the other side.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DevAnj wrote:He told me to find a security terminal, which I did, but I can't find the login and password for it anywhere.
Good you found the answer. I wasn't really sure what you were talking about from how you described it, actually.