Twitter

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Twitter

Post by Jonas »

Hey, do any of you guys use Twitter? We have this account for OTP, see, and we haven't done a very good job of using it so far, but that's going to change now. We've added everybody that we know uses Twitter and likes Deus Ex, but if you're interested, feel free to follow us and you're pretty much guaranteed we'll follow you back:

http://twitter.com/otproductions

It's a great way to gain another follower for free! Also to keep track of what we're up to, mostly in terms of keeping TNM alive for now :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Twitter

Post by Jaedar »

Twitter is a fad and will be dead within a year. That said, I look forward to your updates, even though I don't have a twitter.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I like Twitter :(

I follow Harvey Smith. He is awesome.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

@Jonas: I personally don't like Twitter because it's trying to be a simpler version of facebook that is easier to type on a phone, I'd carry on but I've ran out of spac-
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Joke's on you, that's 29 characters too many for Twitter!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:Joke's on you, that's 29 characters too many for Twitter!
Exactly.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Xesum wrote:@Jonas: I personally don't like Twitter because it's trying to be a simpler version of facebook that is easier to type on a phone, I'd carry on but I've ran out of spac-
Well actually, Facebook is just a more complex version of Twitter.
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

And by "version of" you mean "version of something that it actually precedes by a few years."
My name is not Jeff.
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

I used to use Twitter but came to the realization nobody gives a shit. I have no problems with the people who use it so long as they don't tell the world every little fucking detail of their lives. I don't care how crap your life is and how the world's out to get you, and on the flip-side I also don't give a damn about how much your life is better than mine. I listen to music, I've heard bands sing that crap and make money off of it. Maybe you can to and talk to people who give two shits?

My apologies if I come off as somewhat hostile, I truly don't have a problem with Twitter. So long as it's used even somewhat productively. I've never been a fan of social networks, I have a MySpace account only so I can view a close friends private account and I caved and made a Facebook account out of sheer boredom to try out some of the games and shit, which are somewhat amusing during my courses when I've got nothing left to do.

I've seen news sites use Twitter, I've read graphic designers twitters, I've read gaming websites twitters, and all of those are great. They all have at least a half-decent purpose, but I'd honestly rather read a 5 paragraph blog about how much you like this and that then read 20-30 characters about what you just ate for breakfast. But that's just me.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

JizzyJeff wrote:And by "version of" you mean "version of something that it actually precedes by a few years."
It was more in reference to the fact that the new Facebook layout is almost identical to Twitter in an obvious attempt to leach off the former's success.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Ib4 Old facebook was better.

Please can we not argue about that.

This is about Twitter and the Twits that use it.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

I use twitter as a kind of personal RSS feed of blogs and interesting people.
I follow Adam Savage among others which is usually interesting.
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

loony636 wrote:
JizzyJeff wrote:And by "version of" you mean "version of something that it actually precedes by a few years."
It was more in reference to the fact that the new Facebook layout is almost identical to Twitter in an obvious attempt to leach off the former's success.
It doesn't really have to though. There'll always be people who prefer Facebook over Twitter and vice versa. Besides, Facebook has far more features than Twitter does.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I'm not a phone person. Much more of a laptop person. I do IM.

I've never used Twitter. I looked up one person and that was it. It was boring though, since it's day to day stuff. I'd imagine Harvey Smith's would have "Today I ate toast, in a totally Deus Ex unrelated way"
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually he tends to post a lot about politics, except when he dives head-first into an extended game design debate with Brenda Brathwaite, Clint Hocking, David Jaffe etc. In case you're curious: http://twitter.com/harvey1966

Now will everybody who has no interest in using Twitter please shut the hell up and get the fuck out of this thread so anybody who's interested in our OTP tweets can find our feed without having to put up with all your prejudiced crap? Thanks :/
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine