Weapon-picky NPCs

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: Weapon-picky NPCs

Post by chris the cynic »

Well teargas against everyone else makes them stand still so you can shoot them in the head. It would be pretty bad if teargas did that to JC, wouldn't it?
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

it would also be pretty bad if JC always stood still for 10 seconds to rub his eyes :lol: when you use the pepper spray on jock in the underworld tavern , he stops to rub his eyes , even though he has sunglasses on :shock: how annoying that would be if jc could get stunned from pepper spray or teargas !
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar
Thug

Post by Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar »

I don't think it would make the game that much worse tbh. You can get one-hitted by DTS and Adult Karkians, so I don't think making tear gas etc stun you would really be that much worse. Especially if you could use items to allow you ignore the effect - so hazmat suit would mean you didn't notice at all the effect of the gas etc.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar wrote:I don't think it would make the game that much worse tbh. You can get one-hitted by DTS and Adult Karkians, so I don't think making tear gas etc stun you would really be that much worse. Especially if you could use items to allow you ignore the effect - so hazmat suit would mean you didn't notice at all the effect of the gas etc.
However, you can't see if an enemy is using teargas before you engage. Adult karkians and DTS's on the other hand are both rare, and very noticeable.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Adult Karkians can be solved with one simple thing.

LAW
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
heliosentity101
UNATCO

indeed :) messy , but gets the job done in one swift go
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Or...

Press T

Back space a few times, then type

"Spawnmass rocketLAW (I think) 100"

Then go out for 20 minutes, and by the time you come back, Unreal Engine may of finally done half of the Explosion.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Xesum wrote:Or...

Press T

Back space a few times, then type

"Spawnmass rocketLAW (I think) 100"

Then go out for 20 minutes, and by the time you come back, Unreal Engine may of finally done half of the Explosion.
Mine would get it done in at least 5...but for older PCs it could take 20 mins, or crash your system completly. Used to chrash my old PC that way
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
heliosentity101
UNATCO

thats a bit overkill dude :O just 1 LAW rocket is enough :) !

I love changing the projectille class of the pistol to this :) and making terrorists & unatcotroops invincible :) no one dies and all you hear & see are massive explosions on the first NYC streets part :) what a hoot :)
clark1
Mole Person

Post by clark1 »

Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar wrote:If the riot prod stunned it would basically be a one hit kill. Although since it's a melee weapon that's probably not such a bad thing - just like the DTS and not nearly as a bad as the sniper rifle or GEP gun.

Pepper spray does effect you, it's the same as Gas grenades iirc. You don't get stopped like other characters do though. Maybe it's because of his Sunglasses - everyone else seems to stop and rub their eyes.
If there's a riot happened, I would rather use a pepper spray to attack the enemy.