Major Rules and stuff...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Major Rules and stuff...

Post by Jonas »

This thread exists to fill new visitors in on what this forum is and how it works.

About

Primarily, the purpose of this board is to allow the Off Topic Productions development team to discuss the various aspects of OTP and the projects associated with it. This is why some users have much higher post counts than they appear to have posts on this board, because most of these discussions take place in private forums.

Secondly, the board contain the forums dedicated to the first project of OTP, The Nameless Mod. Three of them are open to everybody, but the fourth forum is a closed archive of the development forum of TNM and is not open to posting.

Lastly, OTP is hosting the High-Definition Texture Project for Deus Ex, the website of which you may find in this subdirectory and its sister project, the New Vision mod. Each of these mods has its own section of the board, in which any discussion pertaining to the project takes place. Feel free to drop in with a word of encouragement, it's a noble undertaking.

Rules

There aren't many rules on this board, and those there are can be summed up in one classic sentence: Don't be a jerk! Just don't deliberately piss people off and you'll be fine. However, we would of course like to request of you that you make your posts in the relevant forums. That'll save the moderators a bit of time moving your threads.

It's quite okay to have a picture in your signature, just don't overdo it, mmkay? Keep it within a reasonable size, please. If you don't know what's a reasonable size, don't worry about it: Just use the picture you want, and if it's too annoying, an admin will remove it from your sig and send you a PM about it.

Validation trouble

We've had some issues with the validation email procedures of the board. If you haven't got a mail within a couple of hours from registering, just PM Trestkon or me with your account name and we'll validate you manually. Sorry for the inconvenience, but such is life.

Ranks

The following is a list of the different ranks on this forum and the post count one must obtain to reach it. Note that spamming isn't outlawed on this board, as long as it's kept in the Off Topic Forum and is funny.

0 Posts: Board Guest
10 Posts: Bum
50 Posts: Thug
100 Posts: Citizen
300 Posts: Cultist
500 Posts: Templar
750 Posts: High Priest
1000 Posts: Veteran

All other ranks are special ranks, and are only given to members of the OTP and HDTP teams.
Last edited by Jonas on Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

Why do we keep a public post count anyway, its purely a status thing and I thought the whole premise of OTP was that we're all equal. I think we should scrap it.
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Deus Diablo wrote:I thought the whole premise of OTP was that we're all equal.
In my opinion, anybody who thinks a higher post count makes somebody more special or more badass can go right on believing that; I don't care. The rest of us, who know how an online community works, will know that the post count really isn't representative of anything. It's still an interesting piece of (mostly useless) statistic though.

And I won't remove the ranks, because it's nice for everyone to know who works for and on what.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Visitors, or even "fans" (hopefully) tend to enjoy post counts. We know the secret truth though 8)
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

i never liked post counts at all. they are so misleading. i prefer a title system which shows who is what, hence "team member", "affiliate", "ass licker" or things like that ;)
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

omfg Im posting here. Also, all it will take is some spam and my post count really will be leet! Get ready suckers!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

good luck jonas has nearly 4,000 and I've got over 2,000. You'll have a lot of posting to do. My advice is don't bother.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Damn, while I have surpassed Trestkon as of late, the next target is so far away!
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I have 3992 posts!? Christ, I have to get a life...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dead-eye
X-51

Re: Major Rules and stuff...

Post by Dead-eye »

I'm almost a fanatic. We could have another bump thread... but that got kinda old.

Edit: Maybe there should be something for people who don't talk allot but have been hearing a long time. If someone actively checks the forums but only post once in a blue moon maybe they should get Master of Meditation. Also if someone post stuff and the majority of there posts are long in length they should get Deep Thinker. Etc.

Well I think I'm like 19 post away from not caring.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

13 by now probably ...
We could also completely remove titles (or post counts). Or do nothing about anything whatsoever :D
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

Dead-eye wrote:If someone actively checks the forums but only post once in a blue moon maybe they should get Master of Meditation.
Been there, done that 8)

And what about he Big Quoter title :-k
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

How about a special rank for those using ridiculously bad grammar on the forum? You shouldn't need to do it give it to too many people ^^ (By the way, when do you get the fan rank?)
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:By the way, when do you get the fan rank?
Jonas wrote:200 Posts: Fan
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

But what about Fanatic? :-k