Major Rules and stuff...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Re: Major Rules and stuff...

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I guess it kind of helps to read the whole thread before doing anything. I still do not know how I managed to miss that in the first post...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We've updated the ranks for this board to be more TNM-related. Perhaps a little cheeky, seeing how HDTP and NV also have forums here, but we think this is more fun, and we hope they don't mind. We're thinking about implementing a slightly more complicated rank system, but it depends if we can find the mods we need. Anyway, here is the new rank hierarchy with post counts:

Board Guest - 0
Bum - 10
Thug - 50
Citizen - 100
Cultist - 300
Templar - 500
High Priest - 750
Veteran - 1000

We decided against calling the second rank "N00B" because it sounded a little offensive, even though if you've played TNM, it's probably better than being called a Thug. Anyway, since most of the users here with high post counts have unique ranks, the rank distribution ends up a little odd. For example, Dead-eye is the only High Priest at the moment, but that does seem kinda fitting, doesn't it? You can get a list of everybody ordered by post-count here:

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... &sk=d&sd=d

We hope you approve.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

I'm posting mainly because I've forgotten what my rank is and I want to see. Disregard. <3
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Hm. I think I'd rather be a bum than a thug! Bums have their issues but they're at least generally friendly enough. Also what with being a Christian and all I wouldn't really like to be regarded as a cultist or any of the other cult-related names so really the ideal for me is to get to citizen status then just stop posting or, alternatively, post 900 posts at once somehow and move straight to veteran status because veteran doesn't offend my religious sensibilities. Well I guess I'll worry about that when I get there and perhaps see if I can join OTP just to get a title. I can make the coffee or something. Be tricky to deliver it to all the developers given geographic distribution but I'll find a way. Fed-Ex and a Thermos, perhaps...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

What we'd like to do is have the default rank path be civilian-based (something like Bum, Thug, Citizen, Patron, Shop Owner, Veteran) and then have four other paths that you can choose the first time you "level up" from the initial Board Guest rank related to the llamas, the goats, PDX, and WorldCorp, or you can just stick to the civvie path. Unfortunately I can't find any mods for PHPBB3 that do something like that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Jonas wrote:What we'd like to do is have the default rank path be civilian-based (something like Bum, Thug, Citizen, Patron, Shop Owner, Veteran) and then have four other paths that you can choose the first time you "level up" from the initial Board Guest rank related to the llamas, the goats, PDX, and WorldCorp, or you can just stick to the civvie path. Unfortunately I can't find any mods for PHPBB3 that do something like that.
Nice idea, but if you did that you might find yourself putting altogether too much thought into something that doesn't really matter anyway. I'm not that fussed. ;)
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Morti wrote:I'm posting mainly because I've forgotten what my rank is and I want to see.
Same here.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hmm. Fanatic or Templar, why templar of course. The great Jaedar approves, and will be a high templar soon if all goes well.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

You mean High Priest.

As long as it doesn't deter from 1.0.3 and Hyperion, I am fine with it. Also, we need one with animals, cats being 1000+ of course ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

We are the Templar's.

Excellent.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

I think you'll find that a cat's power level is OVER 9000.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, Jonas has 9222 posts as of now ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I think he'd like to take up the position of Patrician
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah where the hell did my life go? I must've spent like 20% of my time for the last 6 years just posting here.
Morti wrote:you might find yourself putting altogether too much thought into something that doesn't really matter anyway.
Sure it doesn't matter, but it's still fun.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

As long as you don't put achievements in I'm ok with it.