Neuromancer: A Cyberpunk Adventure Game

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Neuromancer: A Cyberpunk Adventure Game

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

www.neuromancer.moddb.com

check out the website for a surprise.
Last edited by Mr_Cyberpunk on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

nice work. looks alot more better than the original
Flyboy
UNATCO

Post by Flyboy »

...................good thing its April Fools....
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Joke's on you Flyboy, the project is real, even if the splash screen isn't :P
Sidra
NSF

Post by Sidra »

One of my favorite novels.

This would be a kick ass mod. I found a video on youtube with a bunch of Neuromancer concept art, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkhknVYJc0

Might help, I don't know.
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Is that Mos Def in your signature, Sidra? Sure looks like him. >.> If it isn't, I am retarded.
Sidra
NSF

Post by Sidra »

Yep, Mos Def + Seven Samurai (one of my favorite films done by my favorite director).
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

I heart Mos Def
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Everyone keeps posting this link.. TRUST ME! I'VE SEEN IT!
I just posted (on another forum) that I have been using the fan art as a style guide.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

If you found that one helpful you should check out this one as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkhknVYJc0
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

:evil:
Sidra
NSF

Post by Sidra »

that guy wrote:If you found that one helpful you should check out this one as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkhknVYJc0
I was about to do that. Again.
Solid_Choke
UNATCO

Post by Solid_Choke »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote::evil:
So if I hack your site will I have "hacked a Gibson"? 8)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Last I checked Adelaide's ISPs are like Fortifications. I doubt anyone could hack my site. And if they did I'm sure Internode would turn them into ash.

Besides, there isn't much on my domain so no point in hacking it.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Major Update - Plan for tech demo

For those wondering as well, I'll be working heavily this long weekend to meet the april 5th deadline. So I'm planning not to disappoint anyone.
Wish me luck guys :D

Hopefully I'll have everything polished and ready. I'll have the file on my ModDB profile and Internode Games Network (http://www.games.internode.on.net)
that way everyone can download it.

I'll be including a launcher as well as an installer. This tech demo will not be patched - however all future installers will install to the same start menu location so that this way the 2007TD 2007Alpha 2008Beta and 2009Gold(20AEd) will all be accessible from the same place. (Gold is the full release)

You can specify your own folder if you wish - but by default it'll work that way.

The launcher will be pretty basic, graphics will be included. The demo itself comes as 1 stand-alone EXE, hence will not be patchable. But once the file size increases in volume I will begin using a structure so that individual files can be updated instead of having to install the whole thing again. (this is just to fix bugs ect until the next release)

The reason why I posted this thread in OTP is because the 2007TD release will be happening on April 5th (This could change). So everyone is invited to test it out and tell me what you think.

The tech demo is to just show everyone that this is a TRUE remake, I'm not bullshitting like some remakes do, The tech demo will show the Chatsubo bar (from the original game) working in the engine featuring access to the PAX and a convosation with Ratz.

I have decided to remove all voice acting (excluding the LawBot voice, this is done and already in.) There will not be any music, I will however be adding sound FX and FMVs.(Most notable will be the DEAD CHANNEL intro (similar to the Deus Ex PS2 intro with the TV frizzling) and a possible introduction called "where have all the cowboys gone?" - (ala Neuromancer (novel) 20th Aniversary Edition's change where WGibson added a new introduction, so I plan to do the same.) - but it might not make it into the demo if I don't have enough time.)

The game will be semi-animated. Characters will animate (using the power of FaceGen and photoshop), but backdrop scenes will not (because my computer keeps crashing during rendering - I need to optimise my technique before I go ahead with that)

Oh and before I get any complaints, NO you cannot avoid getting arrested by the LawBot. This is a absolute case in which the demo ends. The full version you will be able to stop the law bot arresting you (assuming you do the right thing, but for the Tech Demo you'll get arrested anyway)

I would give anything to add the Court into the game but I think 2 scenes are enough because I don't want to have this release date hanging over my head any longer. (and my inital scope was just the first 2 scenes anyway)

Stay tuned.

[edit] Also I think it might be wise to move this thread into Off-topic because I didn't relise I posted this in General Deus Ex. Whoops :D
Last edited by Mr_Cyberpunk on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.