Just a little off-topic-ness...

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I always like to go abroad to see what's different. I may end up as programmer on some business system, with occasional trips to India. So nothing too exciting here ;)
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

no very exciting. It's nice to hear the diversity of the careers that the people around us are into. So everyone's job so far is a little geeky accept for mine! I feel left out. :P
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

warman wrote:Anyways I plan to someday learn how to make GIFS sso I need a good (free) program. Any suggestions? :-s
Here's a program I used back 5-6 years ago to make really basic gifs, but its free so I kept it in the back of my head in case I needed it in the future. Its called Unfreeze, and it allows you to take multiple pictures, set times to each frame, and then outputs an animated Gif.

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

Does The GIMP have the ability to export animated gifs? If so, you might want to try that, too.
warman
UNATCO

Post by warman »

Thanks Kale. :teeth:
fub
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by fub »

warman wrote:Umm, no offence but IIRC a new user at the botom of the page was a "Demonic Denton." Just sayin'. :-$
said "demonic denton" can be found here
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

I plan on going to uni for 3d modeling and animation in january. Then I hope to get work at a game company that does mmos. (NCSoft preferably. I know a few animators from there as well as creature artists)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

ThalesA7X wrote:I plan on going to uni for 3d modeling and animation in january. Then I hope to get work at a game company that does mmos. (NCSoft preferably. I know a few animators from there as well as creature artists)
Oh, NCSoft would be awesome! They made Guild Wars, didn't they? Ooh, and Tabula Rasa and City of Heroes...that would be ace if you got that :D
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Yup. All the people I know work on Tabula Rasa, and general creature creation at NCsoft
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I'm hoping to finnish my course as an Illustrator and move into a Multimedia degree later on.

My hopes is that it'll land me either at Irrational in Canberra (yes the same guys that made System Shock 2) or maybe Creative Assembly in Bris. (the guys that made Total War)

It sux i don't have any cool contacts like u Thales. :P
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Irrational are based in Canberra O_o??
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Australian Studio

General inquiries: info@irrational.com.au

Fax: +61 02 6230 4231

Phone: +61 02 6257 1408

Snail Mail:
Irrational Games Australia
PO Box 66
Braddon, ACT 2612
Australia

Street:
Unit 10, 18 Lonsdale St
Braddon, ACT
Australia

:D Proof?
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Irrational's main studio is/was in Boston, I think they may have moved somewhere nearby though.

I have no particular hopes career wise. Maybe that will change in a few years time, but at the moment I'm perfectly happy with my current job.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Yes it would appear that they have branched off into australia. However this branch is not the one that created SS2 nor the one that is producing Bioshock.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Its at least better than Midway Adelaide :P I'm not working for those loosers :D
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

Heh, I'm studying Biochemistry at university but I've been spending some spare time as a Ranger and Zoo Keeper. I'm thinking about going back to lifeguarding for a time because the work was pretty nice along with the pay.