What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

kdawg88 wrote:
bobby 55 wrote: I have one Steam copy of the original Bioshock for free, if anyone wants it.

Bioshock: Infinite took 20 minutes to unlock. It added 700 megabytes to the 14.9 gigabytes as well.

Edit: Update your Nvidia drivers to the 314.22. Apparently it helps with Bioshock: Infinite a lot.
I'll take it if it's still free, just PM me.
PM-ing.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

I have officially had my first experience of being robbed by a Steam sale.

All those awesome Early Access games didn't help keeping me from going down to 23$ in my bank account, either.

And now Bioshock: Infinite is out, and I have to somehow scrape up enough money to buy it in the next Steam sale so I can play it. Dammit.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nerdenstein wrote:Also started playing Bioshock Infinite. My GPU sits at a lovely 93C whilst playing. :/
My GPU got to 68 but the CPU climbed to 80 :shock:
Jaedar wrote:
I've seen some things that bode ill :(
I'm really loving it so far. A more detailed account later in the week.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

My GPU idles at 68C. :lol:
I used MSI Afterburner to increase the fan speed in hope that it cools it slightly. I'll just deal with it being much noisier.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

bobby 55 wrote:
nerdenstein wrote:Also started playing Bioshock Infinite. My GPU sits at a lovely 93C whilst playing. :/
My GPU got to 68 but the CPU climbed to 80 :shock:
Are you sure it's not the other way around? GPUs can handle heat better than CPUs. CPUs should not go beyond 80C whereas GPUs can easily handle 90C.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Unless that Real Temp utility was telling me untruths then the 660 ti sat at 68 and the i7 920 was 80.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

RealTemp probably isn't. I'd keep an eye on those temps if I were you. Does the CPU have a good cooler?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

gamer0004 wrote:RealTemp probably isn't. I'd keep an eye on those temps if I were you. Does the CPU have a good cooler?
I think it's a generic one. Maybe I should have spent the money I used for the game to buy a better one. 20-20 hindsight. :(

What do you think? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... 2#getprice

It's at least affordable and doesn't look too bad for the price.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Apparently it's not brilliant, if the reviews are to be believed (it's rather noisy). There are better alternatives.

Some excellent coolers (quiet and good cooling) for a decent price (should be around the same as the Enermax) are the:
-Cooler Master Hyper 412S (available in the same shop for the same price, but also only as preorder. Excellent noise characteristics and good cooling)
-Cooler Master TPC-800
-Gelid Tranquilo Rev. 2
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

gamer0004 wrote:Apparently it's not brilliant, if the reviews are to be believed (it's rather noisy). There are better alternatives.

Some excellent coolers (quiet and good cooling) for a decent price (should be around the same as the Enermax) are the:
-Cooler Master Hyper 412S (available in the same shop for the same price, but also only as preorder. Excellent noise characteristics and good cooling)
-Cooler Master TPC-800
-Gelid Tranquilo Rev. 2
Cheers. The Gelid Tranquilo Rev. 2 is hard to find here. I'll check a couple of my favourite online stores for the Cooler Master TPC-800, otherwise it'll have to be Cooler Master Hyper 412S.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

bobby 55 wrote:
gamer0004 wrote:Apparently it's not brilliant, if the reviews are to be believed (it's rather noisy). There are better alternatives.

-Cooler Master TPC-800
-Gelid Tranquilo Rev. 2
Cheers. The Gelid Tranquilo Rev. 2 is hard to find here. I'll check a couple of my favourite online stores for the Cooler Master TPC-800, otherwise it'll have to be Cooler Master Hyper 412S.
You're welcome :) The Hyper 412S is really rather good, I can definitely recommend it. I'd look for that first if I were you.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Okay, the Cooler Master Hyper 412S it'll be. It might have to wait for a week or two but thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Gettin' real technical in here.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Since now I see Jonas, I'll repeat my question: Any word on Expeditions? How long do you think till you're ready?
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:Gettin' real technical in here.
It's game related in an indirect way . I mean the CPU stays at near idle temperature when I play Expeditions: Conquistador. Under DX11 when playing Bioshock: Infinite things get toasty.
:P

Bioshock: Infinite has dropped a tad in my estimation, that's after a bit more play. If you could do some exploring without 20 guys who want to kill you spawning, interact with the locals, and turn the bloody bloom down a couple of notches, a better game it'd be imo.

Added after more play: I won't get spoilery but the game has got some excellent story related stuff going on. I like the awesomeness of Columbia though I wish there were more opportunities to explore it. Also, Elizabeth is lovely...so far.