Anarchy Online.

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'm still plugging away, nearing 60, and still trying to get some dark memories & GTA...with no success.

Getting ...semi close to the point where I can solo the big ol' AIBO bastard, though, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, if I'm on when you are, ZP: I would gladly meatshield for you in the temple. :)
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

ZeroPresence wrote:I've died every time I went into TOTW lately. lol
Bloody trains I assume. I hope at least you polite enough to die when you know you've had it. :)
DDL wrote:Getting ...semi close to the point where I can solo the big ol' AIBO bastard, though, so fingers crossed.
Reenia (Kai's Engi) can solo that thing and I don't think she's even close to sixty... this is where subsidising low level chars with high level chars come in handy. Fully twinked she produces lvl 100+ bots. Atrox Enfo is certainly the only char I can picture doing it sensibly (unsubsidised).
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

DDL wrote:I'm still plugging away, nearing 60, and still trying to get some dark memories & GTA...with no success.

Getting ...semi close to the point where I can solo the big ol' AIBO bastard, though, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, if I'm on when you are, ZP: I would gladly meatshield for you in the temple. :)
that's the thing, I haven't seen any of you wienies on ever since the last time we all grouped. :(
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

BTW, I'm back now and not seen anyone from OTP on yet.

WTB team.
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

Anarchy Online now offers a $5 per month option for just the Shadow Lands update.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... tion-Model

If people are fed up of AO and want to try another MMO, my friend has been trying to get me to play EVE for ages. I don't really have time for it (or much AO) at the moment however you can now download it free from Steam with a 21-day trial period and $5 off you're first months subscription after.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... EVE-Online
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Well, technically you can't get EVE just yet, but I'm going to hop back on to it once it launches via Steam just to see the new graphical OVERHAUL that occurred in the last major expansion.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

The Overhaul is just epic Kale, definitely worth it. (plus they added some extra things too :D) EVE is excelent, best game for those who don't want a mental grind.. however EVE requires you be on every week which caused me to get addicted.
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

Oh there's a video of the new renderer too.

Link

I had to laugh that while the wilderness and clan cities look gorgeous I couldn't actually tell any difference in the shot of Omni Ent.

While it does look beautiful, the grass will probably be a resource hog and after that its mostly just shaders. It doesn't look like there's been any work on the models or textures (the interview suggests they are currently being ported).
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

You can't really see that much of a difference since all the buildings and other objects are low res still, I hope they plan on updating them or it's a bit pointless updating the renderer but having 64x64 textures everywhere heh. The water and foilage is nice though.

Oh and once I get bored of NWN2-MotB I expect I'll be playing again.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

I have yet more alts, with Talktodahand (an MA, see the not so clever pun?) probably being my favourite now. Because MA's are cheap I'm trying to level him up to the point where he can sub the others. Of course that's ambitiously looking forward, he's only just passed the 10 mark.

Trying to reduce how much I'm playing too as I'm so busy atm.
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

It seems only with a huge resolution can you happily display everything you want to see all at once (click for full size).

DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I could totally run a res like that on my TV.

Although... I'd have an input method cable length issue ;)

(Very nice)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

I'm level 69 and up to Biomare (aka Foremans) now. Way more fun. Loads of loot drops, I take 12 empty packs each time and I've made over 1.5 million credits in there and I've barely begun. I'm giving games up for about two weeks for lent while I concentrate on other things (yes voice acting included :P), which gives you guys a chance to catch up. ;)

Added: Oh yes I also managed to break the 1 million mark in xp debt. Yeap I am just that unluc... bad.
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!