What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jane_Denton
X-51

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jane_Denton »

Ahhhhhh I'm feeling nostalgic.... \:D/ I posted wayyyy back in the single digits of this post...

Now I'm crying cause I don't have time to play any games.... :cry: OMG I miss my games! Although I'm all excited that STALKER: Call of Pripyat is coming out in a couple of months... Yeah I know some of you don't want to hear it and think after Clear Sky being what it was that COP is going to be like that. But I'm an optimist! :mrgreen: God I have to have something to look forward to! The only other thing I have to look forward to in a couple of months is Christmas.. and well since I've found out that Santa isn't real the magic is just gone! :lol:

It's nice being around geeks everyday in my new course... but alas like everything there are annoying ones there! Well at least one guy who thinks he's really smart and likes to call everyone noobs outside our course to make them feel small and dumb. But what tips you off to him being an idiot is he's copying his work off the other guys that are done their work. When they aren't around he paces around saying how hard it is. Then other times he just talks about beer! :-k Mind you he's stopped asking me what I'm working on... I just kept telling him "gee I dunno, what did you get for that answer!" He kinda slowly caught on that I wasn't giving him shit...

There is a 50% drop out rate in the course I'm taking... we've had about 6 people drop out since the beginning so far and it only started in September... The rest of us are thinking of placing bets on how long it will take the guy I'm speaking of to quit... :giggle:

Oh well... back to my flowcharts and logic programming... :wacko:

It was nice to visit "Ye Ole OTP Forum" for awhile at least.... :smile: So HI YA!
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Right now I'm mostly playing the .3 beta version of SAMP. Lot's of nice new features and fixes in the version, but it sucks that there's only one or two active servers due to it being beta.

Before that I beat Halo ODST in a day, and beat The Witcher in about a week. Been meaning to go through a second playthrough of The Witcher....
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

JC_Helios wrote:
Before that I beat Halo ODST in a day, and beat The Witcher in about a week. Been meaning to go through a second playthrough of The Witcher....
I've been meaning to do that for like a year now, but the first act is so horrible.

I'm currently 6 hours in to Okami for the Wii. It's sort of like zelda except... better. The art is awesome, the magic is easy and intuitive to use (as long as you know how to draw circles) and the built-in hint system is the best one I have ever seen. The only thing I dislike so far is the system for death; in zelda you just press continue and restart the boss fight, or go back to life at the start of the room/dungeon. In Okami, you get pushed back to the nearest save point, which would have worked if the game has quick saves, but console games seem to have problems grasping the genius of those things.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Installed CSS and played a bot match earlier today. It actually ran despite me lacking a real video card, which was funny, but then it ran at like 2 FPS. I could noticeably watch my FPS climb (but never breech playable) as bots killed each other. Uninstalled it again after an hour.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:I'm currently 6 hours in to Okami for the Wii. It's sort of like zelda except... better. The art is awesome, the magic is easy and intuitive to use (as long as you know how to draw circles) and the built-in hint system is the best one I have ever seen. The only thing I dislike so far is the system for death; in zelda you just press continue and restart the boss fight, or go back to life at the start of the room/dungeon. In Okami, you get pushed back to the nearest save point, which would have worked if the game has quick saves, but console games seem to have problems grasping the genius of those things.
I actually tried that for the first time in the university library yesterday. It didn't really manage to hold my attention, but admittedly the context in which I played it probably had an effect on that - it seems like the sort of game you should enjoy alone, undisturbed and under no time pressure.

Left 4 Dead remains one of the best co-op games in the world. Played Versus in the GameLab with 7 fellow students yesterday after class, and it's really incredible how such a mechanistically simple game can create such an incredible importance on tactics. Our team was 1 guy short in the first couple of rounds and got our asses handed to us repeatedly, but then another guy who knew the game well joined, and we completely flattened the other team - three of us managed to survive the last stand in Crash Course. The most interesting thing is that until he joined, I was playing quite poorly, but as soon as somebody else was there who knew how to play, I started kicking ass - I was the only one who didn't go down a single time during the final round, even in the last stand. It's just really important that you have at least 2 players on the team who can take orders and listen to each other and sound off when something happens and generally just know how to cooperate.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:it seems like the sort of game you should enjoy alone, undisturbed and under no time pressure.
Ya, it is a very arty game. Seeing an entire zone go from cursed (wicked evil clouds of doom) to verdant and green through a flowery explosion is much more satisfying than most men would conceivably admit :)
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

My Stronghold awaits.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:Seeing an entire zone go from cursed (wicked evil clouds of doom) to verdant and green through a flowery explosion is much more satisfying than most men would conceivably admit :)
On one hand yes, it certainly is. On the other, it's been copied by so many games by now, it's not really that great anymore. Hell, Viking: Battle for Asgard did that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:

On one hand yes, it certainly is. On the other, it's been copied by so many games by now, it's not really that great anymore. Hell, Viking: Battle for Asgard did that.
Did shooting people in the face get less great when more FPSs got made? :P
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It certainly got a lot less impressive.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Anyone heard of "Risen"?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yes.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Does it look like it's worth 34 pounds?
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

You should download the Demo. I just completed it(the demo) and it was really nice. Risen is what Gothic 3 should've been in the first place. I'm gonna get it later... when I buy a new pc :p
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Hmm, Might get it when the price is lower.