DX: HR More information Revealed

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

DX: HR More information Revealed

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: DX: HR More information Revealed

Post by Jaedar »

Eurogamer: How will Deus Ex emotionally engage players on an adult and intelligent level?
Stopped reading at this point.

Also, I like how "Pc is the only confirmed platform" became "PC is the main platform" and how that lead to showing all the demos and such on the 360 version.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Interesting, I am afraid though, I feel that this game will not sell tht much as this current gen of gamers know nothing about Deus Ex, that being said, I will be very surprised if they manage to pull it off, because I feel the political themes in thi game are much less subtle and effective as they were in Deus Ex.

Also, Jaedar, why did you stop reading at that point?
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

You haven't played the game yet, don't judge it too much.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Well, I'd buy the game if it's cheap. If it's less than $40, I'd get Xesum to buy for me :P
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I feel that this game will not sell tht much as this current gen of gamers know nothing about Deus Ex
Market market market. Eidos seems to be on top of that, I wouldn't worry..
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Actually, This has heightened my interest in the game somewhat.
The fact that they brought some of the original team back was great.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

shadowblade34 wrote:Also, Jaedar, why did you stop reading at that point?
I'd imagine it's because the questions were softball theory where a vague answer suffices or is accepted; for that specific question Dugas will not answer "Nope, we treat the player as an ignorant child" or "Yes, we are developer gods", but the humble "I hope so" and vague unrelated non-answer given.

I'm just seeing guarded non-answers. This interview had to be via email. "It takes advantage of the power of the 3D graphics cards on PC and Direct X11...and this is going to be the game on all the platforms" is just too specific and appeasing an answer to have been spoken by one person, or the questions were easily anticipated with scripted answers. The only specific answer I saw was that Dugas hasn't spoken to Warren Spector, and it is awful that the two game directors have not met. At least Pacotti had input regarding the story, but it seems they "showed him the game" and asked for "feedback" as a "consultant" rather than including him in the process.

I am partly judging the game already, and that's OK. We know some things about it and can partially judge it based on them. That said, it's interesting reading the pre-DeusEx1 interviews and comparing the expectations of the games.

Thanks for posting the story Boltersdriveer.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

justanotherfan wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:Also, Jaedar, why did you stop reading at that point?
I'd imagine it's because the questions were softball theory where a vague answer suffices or is accepted; for that specific question Dugas will not answer "Nope, we treat the player as an ignorant child" or "Yes, we are developer gods", but the humble "I hope so" and vague unrelated non-answer given.

I'm just seeing guarded non-answers. This interview had to be via email. "It takes advantage of the power of the 3D graphics cards on PC and Direct X11...and this is going to be the game on all the platforms" is just too specific and appeasing an answer to have been spoken by one person, or the questions were easily anticipated with scripted answers. The only specific answer I saw was that Dugas hasn't spoken to Warren Spector, and it is awful that the two game directors have not met. At least Pacotti had input regarding the story, but it seems they "showed him the game" and asked for "feedback" as a "consultant" rather than including him in the process.

I am partly judging the game already, and that's OK. We know some things about it and can partially judge it based on them. That said, it's interesting reading the pre-DeusEx1 interviews and comparing the expectations of the games.

Thanks for posting the story Boltersdriveer.
You're welcome.
@Topic: Well, at least he doesn't lie like the producers of Mass Effect 2 does ( all Detail and that shit ).
The trailer looks great IMO. Also, I do agree, this HAD to be via email as the answers that the producers gave were all shit, with little information revealed. But at least some of it has. Oh well.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

The best DX:HR interview is still the one conducted by a 'random' fan at E3. Link:http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/06/e ... ution.html I beleive it has been posted here before, but still.
Boltersdriveer wrote: @Topic: Well, at least he doesn't lie like the producers of Mass Effect 2 does ( all Detail and that shit ).
Actually, they recently admitted hat ME2 was arguably not an RPG. Huge progress, right there.
odio ergo sum
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Jaedar wrote:The best DX:HR interview is still the one conducted by a 'random' fan at E3. Link:http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/06/e ... ution.html I beleive it has been posted here before, but still.
Boltersdriveer wrote: @Topic: Well, at least he doesn't lie like the producers of Mass Effect 2 does ( all Detail and that shit ).
Actually, they recently admitted hat ME2 was arguably not an RPG. Huge progress, right there.
Nice one :)
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

That other interview was pretty interesting. I was a little perturbed by the mention of unavoidable boss battles though. Even if they are carefully designed enough to be winnable whatever your build (so stealth or hacking alone is enough) it still seems a bit of a limitation torequire you to kill someone. Just seems a bit against the spirit of the game to me, but I guess we shouldn't make too much of it.

I liked the way Iji handled boss battles. While you had to fight them all there were still secret method to avoid fights or have meet an ally who would land the killing blow, thus making a complete pacifist run possible. That seems a happy medium between having fun boss battles and not barring pacifist approaches.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

When I play HR, I plan to play a little game. The game will start with 10 points. Every time there's a cutscene that is intrusive, it will lose 0.1, every time there's a cutscene of something that they should have let me done(Like knocking out a guard) it will lose 0.5 points. If the game reaches 0 points, HR sucks.

Obviously, the game is still a bit bare-bones.. I need to add more rules and especially some ways to regain points.
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Everytime the lead character says something along the lines of 'What a Shame.' Or 'A Bomb!', Add 20 Points :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

From RPS:
The menu was brought up at several points, too. There really is still a grid inventory. But there are so many additions, too- you now have 21 individual augmentation slots, and most seem to have their own tiny tech tree that you cherrypick your way down.

Something else that shocked me is the new hacking minigame. It’s dramatically complex- a kind of Uplink strategy battle where you first hide from and then race a server, with extra programs and viruses that can be found or bought and give you a helping hand. Similarly, the dialogue is fast paced to the point of being difficult to follow. I was expecting just about anything from Deus Ex 3 except for it to be more demanding than the original game. I couldn’t be happier. When was the last time you saw a great PC game being adapted to consoles and becoming more complex in the process?
Color me impressed. But really, this sounds to good to be true. What's the catch Eidos? The game is 5 hours long? It doesn't feature mouse support? It will be bugged beyond belief? Still not any skills of course, but perhaps there are enough aug slots to make up for it. Hopefully there will be augs for social interactions as well since they are turning that into a proper path.
odio ergo sum