What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Xesum
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Xesum »

Jaedar wrote:
Xesum wrote:
Jaedar wrote:I find it to be quite annoying how the camera pans as it only lets you actually use something like 60% of the actual screen before it goes inaccurate as all hell. And the game is waaaay too easy even when it tries to throw you a curveball(SUDDENLY:RAIN AND FLASH FLOODS ON THE VOLCANIC HELLSCAPE!)

Can't really recommend as anything other than a tech-demo.
That one level in the fucking volcano was horrible.
I dunno, I got 100% forestation before the volcano died. The entire crater was green(looked kinda weird having forest right next to the lava) pretty early. What was so horrible about it?
On my first go at it, it filled up with water way too fast.

On my second go I decided I'd set up a village somewhere else first, and then it filled up with lava.

Then the jungle decides to set on fire.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:
On my first go at it, it filled up with water way too fast.

On my second go I decided I'd set up a village somewhere else first, and then it filled up with lava.

Then the jungle decides to set on fire.
Think we're talking about different maps. You're probably talking about the... third last one or so?
And yeah, it was annoying. I kinda made a rush for the evaporation totem and lava protection and then just rode out the storms. Towards the end when I had infinite earth+carrying capacity and had sanded the entire map, my jungle grew faster than it burned, which is a pretty awesome way to reach 100% forestation.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Old World Blues: I'm inclined to agree with Kee that it's the best of the Fallout: New Vegas DLCs, and I haven't even finished it yet.

KoTOR: I'm currently on Manaan and about to get involved in some dude's murder trial.

Edit: Just a word of warning about fast travelling in Old World Blues; I've had three CTDs so far when doing that, it seems to happen if you fast travel just after loading a save.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

bobby 55 wrote:KoTOR: I'm currently on Manaan and about to get involved in some dude's murder trial.
I enjoyed doing that mission. :smile:

I've installed Linux Mint 11 and it runs really nice. I also installed Wine 1.2 instead of running the Meta package and (finally) it runs properly. I don't know what it is about Wine 1.3 but it screws up my mouse.
My games work now! Pharaoh, DOOM. Gonna try installing Braid and VVVVV because I've heard good things about both games.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

bobby 55 wrote:Old World Blues DLC: There's plenty to explore in it, I'm looking for a certain something and finding everything but. A lol moment when I came upon an artillery test site; I was close enough to an artillery piece that I got a "press use to fire" message....so I did. The report in my headphones made it seem as though someone had fired Big Bertha in my living room. :lol:
O_O I didn't know that one could fire those! *Checks The Vault*

Buuuuuut, it entails a free Atomic-Valence Tri-Radii-Oscillator, so now I'm going to go do that. ^_^

What are you looking for, by the way?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kee715 wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Old World Blues DLC: There's plenty to explore in it, I'm looking for a certain something and finding everything but. A lol moment when I came upon an artillery test site; I was close enough to an artillery piece that I got a "press use to fire" message....so I did. The report in my headphones made it seem as though someone had fired Big Bertha in my living room. :lol:
O_O I didn't know that one could fire those! *Checks The Vault*

Buuuuuut, it entails a free Atomic-Valence Tri-Radii-Oscillator, so now I'm going to go do that. ^_^

What are you looking for, by the way?
Light switch 01. I swear I picked it up at X12 but it doesn't upgrade at The Sink. Added: By back tracking I found it at another location.

In about five minutes the younger bro is gonna arrive and then Bob gets to play 'move shit to a house'. There's no DRM in that game, but there is a free lunch. :lol:
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Another double, apologies.

Damn theses lockups and crashes in Old World Blues. Towards the end you get to make some choices and I didn't like the loss of a certain perk with one of mine. I had a save before the 'point of no return' and chose differently. Having done that I decided to explore some more before the final confrontation and found this sweetest sniper rifle with a silencer. I think it belongs to a character you'll find in the Dead Money DLC. So I grab that baby and start to explore further and get a bloody freeze-up. *sobs*
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Terribly annoyed at my new 4GB of RAM not actually letting me do the stuff I was previously locked out of due to 2GB, due to 32-bit limitations making those singular demanding programs (specifically modded stalker shoc, that game handles heavy loads terribly) only getting access to 2GB that it has to share with antiviruses and im apps and shit anyway, I downloaded Windows 7 64-bit and installed it tonight. Going on the fourth hour of configuration and setup, had to manually track down my audio drivers, and I still haven't gotten my USB headset working, despite it being a Microsoft product...

But stalker runs like a champ!!

Edit: running the windows experience index system check and a system-wide virus scan with microsoft security essentials at the same time, like a boss. 8)
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jetsetlemming wrote:Terribly annoyed at my new 4GB of RAM not actually letting me do the stuff I was previously locked out of due to 2GB, due to 32-bit limitations making those singular demanding programs (specifically modded stalker shoc, that game handles heavy loads terribly) only getting access to 2GB that it has to share with antiviruses and im apps and shit anyway, I downloaded Windows 7 64-bit and installed it tonight. Going on the fourth hour of configuration and setup, had to manually track down my audio drivers, and I still haven't gotten my USB headset working, despite it being a Microsoft product...

But stalker runs like a champ!!

Edit: running the windows experience index system check and a system-wide virus scan with microsoft security essentials at the same time, like a boss. 8)
What processor do you have?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I still haven't gotten my USB headset working, despite it being a Microsoft product...
Often Microsoft's own stuff has the biggest incompatibilities. I remember back in the days of the Windows 7 beta, one of the only things that wouldn't install was Office.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

DaveW wrote: Often Microsoft's own stuff has the biggest incompatibilities. I remember back in the days of the Windows 7 beta, one of the only things that wouldn't install was Office.
That's fucking hilarious :lol:
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jetsetlemming wrote: I downloaded Windows 7 64-bit and installed it tonight. Going on the fourth hour of configuration and setup, had to manually track down my audio drivers, and I still haven't gotten my USB headset working, despite it being a Microsoft product...
I had to make my Logitech headset the default sound device before it worked on my Windows 7 64 bit.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Xesum wrote: What processor do you have?
Dual core intel at 3.2Ghz.
bobby 55 wrote:
Jetsetlemming wrote: I downloaded Windows 7 64-bit and installed it tonight. Going on the fourth hour of configuration and setup, had to manually track down my audio drivers, and I still haven't gotten my USB headset working, despite it being a Microsoft product...
I had to make my Logitech headset the default sound device before it worked on my Windows 7 64 bit.
Yeah this was eventually what got it working, my onboard audio was still the "default" audio device even with the headset installed and plugged in.

Also Just Cause 2 is p cool :mrgreen:
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

It's like the developers of Just Cause 2 are saying:"Here's a sand pit, here's some toys, go play." :)

After finishing Old World Blues, and picking up some cool perks and accessories, I feel like playing New Vegas again. There's also the companion mod (ta Kee), and the tactical armour mod (ta Jonas), to add a bit of zip to the mix.

I'm still playing KoTOR, and after visiting the Republic Embassy, the murder case has taken a dramatic turn. I guess I've still got to give my "client" the best defence possible though.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

After reading some people here were playing it I decided to check out From Dust. I loved the Black and White games (even though I never completed them, for various reasons) so it sort of seemed like a simpler version of that.

It's pretty fun but I agree it's more of a tech demo than a game. A fantastic tech demo though - the real time water is amazing. Massively buggy, but still amazing. I've had more fun with the Challenges.