What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

GOG finally got it!!!! It got Dungeon Keeper 1 awhile back so I messaged them and asked them if they were going to get DK2 but they weren't sure they'd be able to. But they did...
Hahaha! Good for you.

I can't tell anyone about the insanity I've been confronting in DX: HR. I'll wait until our European buddies have played it a while. My next playthrough I'm taking the easy way and I'll kill everybody. :P

Oooh, I can tell youse the mouse issues have been patched.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Apparently loading times have been reduced.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

bobby 55 wrote:I can't tell anyone about the insanity I've been confronting in DX: HR. I'll wait until our European buddies have played it a while. My next playthrough I'm taking the easy way and I'll kill everybody.
Good insanity or bad? :/
My copy should be coming tomorrow. Whether I get to play it any great length is a different story. :P

Just finish DX1. I forgot how much I enjoyed the Endgame Scenes.
But also gave me more ideas on how I think DX:HR will play out but I'll have to wait and see. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I just got word that my copy has been sent from Amsterdam, I hope I have it tomorrow, else it'll be monday. I respect your decision to keep back on the stories a bit, thanks! Not sure if I would be able to resist to gloat a little bit :)
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Deus Ex 3.

Bye.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:Deus Ex 3.

Bye.
Enjoy.

@Xesum: Yeah, by quite a bit. Although after disabling vsync mine didn't seem overly long.

@EER: Hah, no problem. I hope nobody minds me saying it's pretty damn good.

@Nerdenstein: Bad insane, but bad as in Bob's been looking for something in a very logical place, but a very fucking wrong place. :P

I'll give you the details next week. When the question: What kind of idiot are you? Is answered ; the answer is I'm all kinds of idiot. :lol:
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I told myself I wasn't going read any reviews of the new game...but an article about the PC gamer review caught my eye and I decided to cut the crap and embrace the press...I'm able enough not to allow myself to be biased by what others think of it. But anyway, I have to say I'm quite pleased with how the game has turned out, considering that, at some points during development, I was very pessimistic about what I imagined it could become.

Although I do agree with PC Gamer about the boss-battles being a letdown, the whole fatality-free playthrough thing has never been more than a gimmick to me.

I also find the sudden shift in perspective in the takedowns to be more than a little bit tacky. Personally I prefer takedowns from a first-person perspective as it is much, much smoother, or a third-person/first-person toggle a la Thief: Deadly Shadows.

This is the best thing since TNM :mrgreen:
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

So far it didn't strike me as extraordinary in any way. Maybe this picks up later but I somehow doubt it. No final judgment though until I've seen enough to form a valid review. Certain things are though nice... but others not at all (like crashing straight at start up U_U ).
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ARGH NO. NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! MY PSU JUST FUCKING FRIED ITSELF! FUCK! MY! LIFE!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

:(
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Deus Ex 3 is pretty good.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Xesum wrote:Deus Ex 3 is pretty good.

Agreed, I'm enjoying it immensely.

@Jonas: Oh man, that sucks.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I'm finding some of the HUB sidequests a little dull if I must be honest. I'm doing all of the sidequests before going to my apartment to look at the neural hub from the dead terrorist.
The only one I gotta do now is get inside DRB territory to finish Jenny's side quests.
This is as far as I got in the leak too so it should start picking up afterwards. :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nerdenstein wrote:I'm finding some of the HUB sidequests a little dull if I must be honest. I'm doing all of the sidequests before going to my apartment to look at the neural hub from the dead terrorist.
The only one I gotta do now is get inside DRB territory to finish Jenny's side quests.
This is as far as I got in the leak too so it should start picking up afterwards. :)

Yeah, some sidequests are a bit more satisfying than others. I like the ones that pay you with a praxis point. They're usually a bit more involved/challenging. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Aaaaaaaaaand one extremely expedient PSU replacement later, I'm back in business! Right... where was I? Oh yes, posing as a hitman. GO!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine