What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jaedar »

I just bought and installed Sins of a Solar Empire, since StarCraft 2 wont be here to satisfy my RTS urges for the year and I found DoW 2 to be lacking :). Very nice game, and it is the first game to have a map editor I actually am capable of using :).
Also: Superweapon that fires Culture at your enemies.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jaedar wrote:
Xesum wrote:Overlord 2 is a okey game, it's funny sometimes, and has a boat level .
Fix'd :)
But it's proper naval warfare!
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I'm also looking forward to Starcraft 2, not because I want to actually play the game itself, but rather just I want my hands on that goddamn editor. Looks so sweet.
Also I'm still playing Silent Storm, I'm still enjoying it. The AI's pretty funny sometimes.
My scout at the bottom of the ladder is in Hide mode, which means the nazis need to make Spot checks to see her, which is checked against her Hide skill, the cover between them, and the distance. The height and the lip means they're not good enough to spot her from that far away, and once they're on the ladder they're facing the wall, away from her. That's about 9 dead guys all in a pile right there. :D The damage she took was from getting to the ladder in the first place, there was two dudes with fixed MGs in the hall, and one got an Interrupt and burst fired on my guys as I started the level.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Pfft kids these days and their super flexible game editors. In my day, we made do with what we had. I shit you not, I made an RPG scenario with a storyline with three different quests in StarCraft 1 using just the editor and its built-in script engine (no custom code). It was balls, your inventory was an SCV boxed into the top right corner of the map next to a "Drop" and a "Use" beacon, but it worked, and it was impressive :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Starcraft! There's a game I haven't played in a long time.

God that was a good game, now where's the fucking disc?

Which reminds me, I want to play Ghost Blizzard, not your shitty MMORPG that I wasted 200 pounds on.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote: Which reminds me, I want to play Ghost Blizzard, not your shitty MMORPG that I wasted 200 pounds on.
Someone will make SC:ghost in the SC2 editor, just you wait. And the SC2 editor is bloody impressive, I mean Mouselook support? that shit will open all sorts of doors.
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I might buy SC2.

I gave Blizzard 200 pounds and still haven't hurried up.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Diablo 2 Eastern Sun mod. Having a blast, here's my character after one play session (like four hours worth, because I was so enjoying it :D):
Note my spell damage. ES doubles the default level and HP of every creature, and significantly powers up every skill to offset it, as well as includes a bunch of new skills, weapons, monsters, etc. Plus it lets you respec whenever you want, which is totally awesome.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I got that strange urge again to play half life again.

Yay! Little Dog Hams! Jumpy Chickens, Chicken Zombies, Spaghetti mouth dogs, Ceiling ropes! Giant Blue Robots! Soldiers that have their radio's on too much! Giant Green things! Zappy brown red eye's! MORE LITTLE DOG HAMS!
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

My Merc is basically invincible :) His armor and weapon are both runeworded to way overpower them, and my guy's all decked out in sets, uniques, or runewords. I'm about 2/3 of the way through Act 2 now.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Batman: Arkham Asylum

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

It's BioShock meets Splinter Cell meets Tomb Raider meets a really good fighting game with a side of Batman.

It is fucking awesome.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

That makes you a heretic Jonas. Since it ain't out for PC yet :)
But yeah, I played the demo and it was fun.
odio ergo sum
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

good to hear Jonas, I was wondering if it'd be worth it or not.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Me, I am playing TNM, with a dash of Supreme Commander (The original, not FA). Yeah, I am the budget-bin scraping person...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Jaedar wrote:That makes you a heretic Jonas. Since it ain't out for PC yet :)
Pwnt. :mrgreen:

Stalker(soc.. not cs) with mods for bigger carry limit, more slots for artifacts, diablo 2 lod now i started paladin, and before this i got necro, tnm(almost not), frantic 2 - ALL THE TIME NOW!(lol! http://armorgames.com/play/4443/frantic-2 free online game..) and runes of magic(free mmo, now just downloading 'cause i somehow fried my hdd and all i had there :lol: )
I don't play to much at week.. at 23 i go sleep, at 15-16 i am back home, so meals/packing books/rest take around 1h so i got 6-7h for myself.. as long as there is no homework from school.
Ah and call of juarez! Great shooter, i have save at second-last mission so i have some free shooting with my favourite equipment(2x ranger revolver :twisted: ). And some nexus:tji, but not any more since some idiot borrowed my dvd with it and broke it(i already finished it 4 times, and he will not get any good game in his hands, so not big lose).

All of course 100% legal, no pirating. :giggle:
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.