What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by nerdenstein »

bobby 55 wrote:An unpatched Crysis suffers from a memory leak or two. I'm about to to do the piloting the VTOL episode, and IIRC, that's pretty close to the finish. I'm mulling over the idea of upping the strength in the config and having a playthrough where all the human enemies will be beaten, crushed, or thrown to their deaths...not shot. The aliens are a different matter.

Added: The unpatched Crysis has just bitten me. I got the first part of the VTOL section done but now it won't fly and just slowly descends to a crash and burn in the jungle. I have had enough Crysis for a while anyway.
Crysis hates 64bit systems so it took me ages to get it working properly.
I think going into Crysis cheating, with loads of health and energy might just make it a more enjoyable game for me.

I think if I'm going to have a gander at Warhead, I'll probably do that. Shame you can't do it in multiplayer... ;)

I've decided I am rubbish at Batman Arkham Asylum. Maybe I'll try Prototype instead. The shop I work at is doing pre orders for Prototype 2 so I guess I'll see what all the fuss is about. I'm getting into Minecraft again. I got bored of it awhile ago when I finished Skyblock. But with Deadlines and exams coming my way, it's probably not a good thing to start a new game, even though I really wanna play through Mass Effect from start to finish again. Here comes my own Renagade Jane who kills everyone off intensionally. :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

There is a 32 bit exe on the Crysis disc as well as the 64 bit I launched the game from. When I've got the energy to play it again I'll give that a whirl.

It's a shame you aren't enjoying AA. I found it to be entertaining, although I had to get a pro tip from Jaedar to win the the Poison Ivy boss fight. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I got it from Steam, so I had to download a different .exe to get it to run without crashing.

As for AA, I'm not very far into it and it's just not holding my interest enough I guess.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Pulled out TNM and finished a couple of runs. Still funny (strange) where Trestkon says "I need to use some fire escape." (the sound dialogue is different and grammatically proper).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uh are you sure about that? I just checked the .con file and the text says: "This is Trestkon, I need to use your fire escape. Let me in, please."
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:Uh are you sure about that? I just checked the .con file and the text says: "This is Trestkon, I need to use your fire escape. Let me in, please."
This sure.
This sure.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nerdenstein wrote:
As for AA, I'm not very far into it and it's just not holding my interest enough I guess.
Fair enough, I can't always finish frustrating games, or games that don't engage me either.

Anyhow, since I've a couple of more days of slow internets to suffer, I have installed Crysis 2. I have tried the shooter approach without employing tactics and have died several times. It's back to hit-n-run, cloak, stealth deaths, and escaping as best I can again. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ggrotz wrote:
trestkon01.jpg
That's all sorts of weird. Is this before or after DXI? Are you playing 1.0.4 or 1.0.4+?

I don't have the .con files from 104+, Hassat lost them, so... it could be a bug that was introduced there. Although that would be a pretty weird bug to introduce :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:
ggrotz wrote:
trestkon01.jpg
That's all sorts of weird. Is this before or after DXI? Are you playing 1.0.4 or 1.0.4+?
1.0.4+ I don't know if the con files would be different at different points, but I haven't noticed the text appear as the sound dialogue sounds.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

While I was waiting the 2 hours it took to download the1.1 patch for Crysis 2, I fired upthe 32 bit exe for Crysis 1. Graphically it looks similar to Far Cry without the 64 bit patch. That matters little as long as the damn VTOL flies correctly.

Cysis 2: Those damn Ceph don't seem to drop a lot of points this time. I just killed five of them and only got 100 points.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I don't think I changed that dialogue.
So if it appears as such in the SDK it would appear as such in 1.0.4+
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I have just spent 2 hours stuck in the same freaking loop in Crysis 2. I was in the Sempa Fi or Die mission and thought I had completed all tasks. As it turned out I kinda had, but slightly different to how the bloody game wanted them done. It was in the second to last bit where you support the troops by shooting some aliens and a gunship. I finally figured out the game didn't want the damn gunship destroyed first, and when I left it to last the scripted stuff kicked in.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Yeah, while you guys are having all this fun, my hdd fried and now it's totally broken. I think a wire touched a piece of metal or another wire from when my brother was doing something. Anyway, everything is gone except a backup of Deus Ex and my Deus Ex book. Also Steam - all on a 2GB momory stick.

Suppose there's good in this, means I have to focus on exams until they're finished in June and I build a new PC.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

shadowblade34 wrote:Yeah, while you guys are having all this fun, my hdd fried and now it's totally broken. I think a wire touched a piece of metal or another wire from when my brother was doing something. Anyway, everything is gone except a backup of Deus Ex and my Deus Ex book. Also Steam - all on a 2GB momory stick.

Suppose there's good in this, means I have to focus on exams until they're finished in June and I build a new PC.
Oh crap! While I hope you do well with your exams, I don't think there is any good in a killed HDD. That just sucks.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Might and magik: Clash of heroes.
Finished it. Last pass was completely bullshit, and some of the more challenging fights were too reliant upon luck for my taste. But even so this was a thoroughly enjoyable strategy/puzzler. Casual, but not in a bad way.

Arkham City
Did I post about this already? Oh whatever, it was a pretty decent title but I prefer the tightness of Asylum. The open world stuff added nothing for me, and the new gadgets and such felt kinda useless most of the time.

Warlock, master of the arcane demo.
Feels very much like a CiV mod. Demo was kind of brief so I'm not sure I like it. Seems like it could be a good game, but there were some very questionable stuff. Like my capitol spawning 5 hexes away from a neutral town. Or one of the AI's declaring war upon me the turn right after it met me for no reason. Also can't make my own character or choose a race other than humans.
It's way nicer than CiV though, because it doesn't take 20 turns to build stuff. The cityspamming is a bit much though, since cities cost nothing and don't really need any good terrain be to decent. Not to mention that settlers are really cheap as well.

There's also quests, but they are far too frequent and give for too much gold. It seems like the devs wanted the start of the game to be more exciting, but they took it way overboard. I managed to make like 500 gold in 10 turns with an income of +2. That does not seem right when troops and settlers cost like 50 gold. High level cities also have waaaaaay too much health.

Like I said tho, there's probably a good game hiding in there, just hope they polish it way more before release.

Risen 2
It's kinda as good as the original. It never is quite as good as the best parts of Risen, but never as bad as the worst parts either. If you liked the original you'll probably like this I suppose. It also looks very nice when the bushes aren't moving because the game can't calculate distances properly and scales stuff weirdly.

It is absolutely hilarious though, when someone goes "Let's have an honorable duel to decide your fate pirate" And your response is to shoot them in the face repeatedly with a pistol. Bringing a gun to a swordfight :giggle:

Oh and there's optional quest compasses and stuff in now but who cares as long as its optional in every way?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum