What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

JC_Helios wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Sounds weird. Afaik, if you press escape, you should not be able to get past the stupid console splash screen on most games. Good for you if you got past it though.
I admit that I do pirate on occasion, so maybe at one time I downloaded a game that required GFWL and it came with a crack that effects the GFWL program as a whole. So I guess it doesn't exactly fit the "legal' solution.

What happens is I press escape, and it briefly shows a little notification of something like: "player1 logged in", and then I never see GFWL for the rest of the play time.
Seems weird if it was a pirate crack thing, because you'd think Steam or Microsoft would notice it; or a game I buy would force an updated security version or something.
You probably hit the remember me/automatically sign me in option or the *cough* program organized it for you. If I'd thought to do that the last time I played Bioshock 2 ages ago, this shit probably wouldn't be happening. I'm not alone though as Google has a litany of similar stories.

Added: Putting GFWL aside, Arkham City, as Jonas and Jaedar mentioned, is on a par with Arkham Asylum. Being able to play Catwoman adds a bit of variety as well.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I bought Crusader Kings 2 from the Amazon sale for $10. I don't want to play it though until I get the Sword of Islam expansion You can probably guess why.
Other than that, I've become the vassal of Sultan Hakim in M&B: Warband. I've fought in a couple of wars, haven't lost any. But the damn enemies keep on laying waste to my fief! But my army is like some sort of super elite fighting force since they're all fully leveled (at least until they die). Total War: Shogun 2 has shown my effectiveness as a military commander (Not very effective)

I've also managed to get Fallout: New Vegas to work properly with a plethora of mods and very few crashes. So now I can play the game without too many problems.

The other games I'm playing (or replaying) are Max Payne 2, Deus Ex series, Alpha Protocol, Mafia 2, GTA4, Far Cry 2, Company of Heroes, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033 and Psychonauts. I'm also emulating a boatload of SNES, N64 and PS2 games that I either want to play with better graphics. I might replay Earthbound. It was the first SNES game that I completed.

For multiplayer, I created a new account in Blacklight Retribution, on the EU servers. Then I'm playing Tribes: Ascend and Red Orchestra 2.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Arkham Asylum also has GFWL... that's not new for the City version... :-k
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Arkham Asylum also has GFWL... that's not new for the City version... :-k
So does the two Bioshocks. According to Steam I've activated the DX9 version of the game, but GFWL is not recognizing the same product code. It's a broken piece of bovine manure.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

bobby 55 wrote:
Hassat Hunter wrote:Arkham Asylum also has GFWL... that's not new for the City version... :-k
So does the two Bioshocks. According to Steam I've activated the DX9 version of the game, but GFWL is not recognizing the same product code. It's a broken piece of bovine manure.
Are you sure? I've never had to sign into GFWL when I played Bioshock 1. Just checked. Only Bioshock 2 has GFWL.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yup, no GFWL on BioShock 1. BioShock2's still in plastic, so can't tell just yet :D
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Yup, no GFWL on BioShock 1. BioShock2's still in plastic, so can't tell just yet :D
It has gfwl. It's also a p cool game.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Ah yeah, no Godawful for Bioshock 1, sorry about that. It musta been Fallout 3 I was thinking of. Anyhoo, as Jaedar says, 2 is cool.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I got about halfway through Bio 1 before my PC broke. Guess I'll have to start again sometime.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Batman: Arkham City; I spent an hour trying to get to a certain thing in a side mission. The map showed I was at the location, and, after exploring every avenue, I got that frustrated I quit. After Googling a solution I discovered that I can't get to it until I'm in a story mission. #-o :lol:
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Yeah, Arkham City is weird with some of the quests. It's part of simulating an ongoing and kindof parallel storyline; there are both traditional sidequests, and ongoing investigations that are sidequests but just take place accross a longer time span, which is why they tie it to the main storyline.

It's a bit of an unusual structure and threw me for a loop for a bit too...untill I decided I wanted to ignore sidequests beyond those that came easily.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

AEmer wrote:Yeah, Arkham City is weird with some of the quests. It's part of simulating an ongoing and kindof parallel storyline; there are both traditional sidequests, and ongoing investigations that are sidequests but just take place accross a longer time span, which is why they tie it to the main storyline.

It's a bit of an unusual structure and threw me for a loop for a bit too...untill I decided I wanted to ignore sidequests beyond those that came easily.

Yeah, I think I've lost the plot, literally and figuratively, with two of them. Don't even get me started about the Advanced AR swoops :roll:

Added: I think I might be enjoying Arkham City just a little more than Arkham Asylum. There's not much to choose between them, maybe I'm enjoying the gadgets more...and some of the quirky humor.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

I absolutely enjoyed arkham asylum more, but that's because it was different and fresh, and because I loved its take on the various characters.

Arkham city on the other hand is, well... It doesn't work in the same way, at all, from a narrative perspective. Ultimately, that severely detracted from my sense of "being batman" - which is the quintessential goal of any batman videogame.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I see your point, however, being Batman for me is a quick take-down followed by an even faster get-away. Outsmarting the bad guys, and delivering his brand of justice. :D

It is a bit more frustrating at times, and that's when I appreciate what I believe Jaedar called Asylum's ...tightness.
Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Post by Chris »

Most of the time i play:
Counter Strike: Source
Deus Ex (of course)
GTA San Andreas
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

And occasionally I play:
Happy Wheels (online game at totaljerkface.com)
Plazma Burst 2(onlinw game too at plazmaburst2.com)
GTA 3
The Nameless Mod (sorry guys but i dont play it that much, great mod tho)
ROBLOX
I never play:
Paintball (so painful)
Platypus