Great Steam Sales

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Great Steam Sales

Post by nerdenstein »

Damn you all with seemingly limitless debit cards.
I curse thee with mild jealousy.

I wanna get Left 4 Dead at somepoint (Both games probably I've not played either)
I'll probably grab them when there in a sale next.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nerdenstein wrote:Damn you all with seemingly limitless debit cards.
I curse thee with mild jealousy.

I wanna get Left 4 Dead at somepoint (Both games probably I've not played either)
I'll probably grab them when there in a sale next.
It's a debit card alright, though not limitless. I keep turning up to work and they keep paying me. :lol:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

bobby 55 wrote:I had better live long enough to play all the games I now have in my Steam library. :D
Due to the rules of not only the universe, but also the Internet, you have jinxed yourself. You will now die 5 minutes before playing the last one.

The Internet also said you should get ass cancer, but I don't think that even exists.
Last edited by Kee715 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kee715 wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:I had better live long enough to play all the games I now have in my Steam library. :D
Due to the rules of not only the universe, but also the Internet, you have jinxed yourself. You will now die 5 minutes before playing the last one.

The Internet also said you should get ass cancer and, but I don't think that even exists.
:shock: You've never heard of Phatass cancer? Gamers get it from sitting in front of a monitor for too long. :P
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Kee715 wrote:
It is for this reason that I recommend always having at least two games in reserve.

Note that this recommendation is case specific and should not necessarily be applied to the population at large.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

bobby 55 wrote: :shock: You've never heard of Phatass cancer? Gamers get it from sitting in front of a monitor for too long. :P
I thought that was Phatassery!
chris the cynic wrote:It is for this reason that I recommend always having at least two games in reserve.
Chris the Cynic has, unsurprisingly, found one possible way to attain immortality.

I recommend having a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing in reserve.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Well thanks to Chris I won't throw out the game cases for 100 Games for Windows and IL-2 Sturmovik. :mrgreen:

One has been played for 10 minutes and the other remains tightly sealed in cellophane so it can't pollute the world.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Mirror's Edge, Deadspace, and Spore today

Has anyone here played Mirror's Edge before? It sounds rather good and for $5 it is rather tempting...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:Mirror's Edge, Deadspace, and Spore today

Has anyone here played Mirror's Edge before? It sounds rather good and for $5 it is rather tempting...
I read that it is indeed a good game but has it's faults. I bought Deadspace for $15 but it has a similar rep to Mirror's Edge.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Oh excellent. I was thinking about picking up Dead Space a few days ago for XBox but didn't. Now I can have it for PC for half the price \o/
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Mass Effect 1&2 on sale now. I think I can get used to these sales (Mass Effect 1 for $5)
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Should I get Mass Effect? I'm wondering if I should spend the $5 on it...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kee715 wrote:Should I get Mass Effect?
Personally I'd say yes. Mass Effect 2 is way better imo. If you play ME 1 then you can transfer your last saved game( once you've beaten it ) to ME 2 for some bonuses if you want to. Mass Effect 1 is not too bad to play but being more RPG orientated than 2 there's a fair bit of dialogue. A shooter fan like myself still found it enjoyable to play though.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Trestkon wrote:Oh excellent. I was thinking about picking up Dead Space a few days ago for XBox but didn't. Now I can have it for PC for half the price \o/
I didn't get my copy on Steam... I got mine at NCIX for the same price plus a free shipping sale! :giggle:
Kee715 wrote:Should I get Mass Effect? I'm wondering if I should spend the $5 on it...
Yes.... :mrgreen: I did...
m3rc1l3ss wrote:Has anyone here played Mirror's Edge before? It sounds rather good and for $5 it is rather tempting...

For $5 sure! I did! :mrgreen:

However I'm finding it hard to get the knack of it on the keyboard, or it could be I lack patience in learning all the moves I have to do in a very short period of time. Oh and the elevator rides are tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! ;)
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Meh, I bought ME2 cheaper as a disk over a month ago.

$5,- for ME1 is nice though, if I hadn't already had that too...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...