A kiss- what do you think?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

A kiss- what do you think?

Post by Boltersdriveer »

I found this post in STOMP, my Singaporean's site to share thoughs and videos. Apparently,
STOMPer Stomp EX-Greenridgean was disturbed that these two young students actually kissed and hugged in broad daylight in full view of the public. What made it worse was that they were wearing their school uniforms.

In an email to us on Feb 3, he said:

"This video was captured on Feb 3 at about 6pm from my house at Bukit Panjang.

"I wonder what these two students were trying to do - kissing and hugging at the top and middle of the multi-storey carpark in their school uniforms.

"I can confirm that they are from Greenridge Secondary School and are from the lower secondary because I was previously from that school.
"I wonder why they do not feel ashamed doing that in public.

"Are they trying to tell the world that they are in love?"
Apparently, I'm from that school too! Do you think this reflects badly on the students? Express your thoughts.
Xesum
Illuminati

Re: A kiss- what do you think?

Post by Xesum »

There's nothing wrong with kissing in public.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Xesum wrote:There's nothing wrong with kissing in public.
Problem is their age. 12 - 14 years old? Isn't that a little young? And they're ruining the rep of my school too. :S

Also, people shouldn't really be kissing in public :<
Last edited by Boltersdriveer on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Not really, there's 12 year olds at my school who kiss each other because they think that they're 'in love'.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Xesum wrote:Not really, there's 12 year olds at my school who kiss each other because they think that they're 'in love'.
Well, I dunno about the UK but in Singapore, just about everyone takes PICS when these stuff happens.
Funny thing is, nobody bothers to stop them, just taking photos and posting them up on websites....
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Well, if anyone took a picture of anyone kissing in the UK, the photographer would instantly be called a Paedophile.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Xesum wrote:Well, if anyone took a picture of anyone kissing in the UK, the photographer would instantly be called a Paedophile.
What is that? And, I recently got the video downloaded from STOMP as well, should I have it uploaded?
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Wikipedia wrote:Pedophilia (or paedophilia) is a psychological disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children..
Kinda makes me feel like a small child. And, still, this is a HOT topic on hardware zone and sgforums. A lot of people are saying things like:
SGForums Poster wrote: It's the school. They do not teach the students well, and thus, I'm sure more of these will happen again
I kinda don't agree. It's the student's(pupil's) actions that causes stuff like these.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

It's their lives, their choice. People shouldn't as intrusive into what people do in their spare time on top of a parking lot.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Xesum wrote:It's their lives, their choice. People shouldn't as intrusive into what people do in their spare time on top of a parking lot.
Like I said, people in Singapore are really "kaypoh"( being a busy-body), and will just about take everything they see.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Ahaha... yeah.. I thought it gonna be some thread from mad guy who search for info about kiss.. . .
:lol: RIGHT: They aren't doing anything bad.. And here some people say that it's ok if anyone kiss, no matter who with who(MUST BE 2 OF OPPOSITE GENDER, MUST!!)*,some our elite people and politicians even defend some pedo, that he is artist, survived second world war(but my dad HAD to pay his traffic ticket) and stuff.
BTW: Are these uniforms so comfortable? I always threw mine to backpack as fast as last lesson ended..(it wasn't full outfit, just large, dark, mega warm shirt*** with long sleeves, idiot who made such concept up should be hanged on a rope as a scarecrow to others).
Not really, there's 12 year olds at my school who kiss each other because they think that they're 'in love'.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*Before any 2 gays or lesbs wanted to kiss, then kissing teens were EVIL, EVIL, SATAAANISTS! + A kiss is sin!**
**Information gained from too young priest who is a bit fanatic.
***We got them just at end of spring, and were wearing them for summer month of school.. -.-U
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

It's weird how different Singapore's socially acceptable behaviors are from what I'm used to. :P Here 99% of the response you get is "Aww, that's cute." And probably not a single person would judge the school for having students who kissed each other.
I know when I was their age, in my school you'd see people making out in the halls pretty frequently. I was dating a pastor's daughter at the time, so I was not one of these public couples, but I didn't mind them. Nobody else did either except the teachers, who didn't really get up in arms about it or punish them besides ushering them on to class.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Every time I read 'socially acceptable behaviour' it reminds me of Assassins Creed
Last edited by Xesum on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

CULTURE CLASH.

That is all.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking