Nuclear launch detected

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Nuclear launch detected

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:I beat my friend who's played this series for about 8 years.
Fixed it for you.

Blizzard cinematcs team is awesome. SP commentary, over and out.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

And I just beat another friend, he was Zerg and I was Protoss, he spent too many units on resource gathering, and an army of Zealots and Stalkers ransacked his base.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I haven't been able to play since Friday morning my time. RL dramas have been taking up my time. I might get a chance to play some this afternoon.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I've finished two of the storylines at this point. Both have offered me a choice type thing at the end. On the first, the reward difference was largely insubstantial, but in the other, it changed what unit I would get. That's pretty cool. RPG style C&C is nice. And its all over the place. Choosing what units to permanently upgrade and what upgrades they should get can be quite difficult at times. And you don't get near enough cash to upgrade everything, especially if you also hire mercs(Hint: You should).

Also, the Protoss missions are kewl, especially the last one. Plus I like the whole "vision hidden in a memory hidden in a prophecy hidden in another memory hidden in a special crystal hidden in a smaller crystal hidden in a festive paperweight". It's just so needlessly contrived, but it makes complete sense when you see it.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

So, as an introduction to the game, I guess playing all three races(in campaign mode) would give me a better understanding of the game overall?
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Played through the first challenge, that was pretty fun. I hope they make it easy for map makers to make new ones in the editor. I know that surely they can somehow because of all the shit I've seen made with the Galaxy editor besides that, but I mean like a quick and easy format by Blizzard to easily apply challenge rules and scenarios to a map.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:So, as an introduction to the game, I guess playing all three races(in campaign mode) would give me a better understanding of the game overall?
Kind of.. kind of no. Mainly because there is no zerg campaign, and there are lots of Terran units in SP that don't exist in MP. Also, balance is different between MP and SP. Some skills are transferable, and almost all the gimmicks on the maps exist to teach you something about playing the game(often with great subtlety). If you want to get better at the game via singleplayer, the challenges are what you need to study the most. All but the basic ones are pretty hard though, imo. If you score a Gold score on all, you're probably a gold level player or higher(or you cheated by looking up strats in a walkthrough).
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks, there wouldn't be much point with cheating in the challenges if you genuinely wanted to see the state of your proficiency. Like I said a page or two earlier, my multi-playing days are a fair way off....if ever. :)

I have to, maybe want to suits better, get through the Terran campaign before the challenge thing, RL stuff has put my game playing on hold.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

My skill fluctuation is annoying me right now. Basically, I mainly play 2v2 right now, and the SP campaign(1v1 MP is too scary, mkay?). Last my team played, we lost like 5 matches in a row, and today, we won like 80% of our games. It's just annoying is all.

Maybe its because of the fact that so far, I suck at macro, so I am kinda limited to cheeze and semi-cheeze.
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I was on 2V2, and it became 1v1 after 2 guys left, and I played Terran Command Centre Hide and Seek.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Just finished installing \o/

If anyone cares to add me, my address is Lawrence@THEFULLNAMEOFOTP.com

THEFULLNAMEOFOTP = offtopicproductions
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Trestkon wrote: If anyone cares to add me, my address is Lawrence@THEFULLNAMEOFOTP.com
I sent a friend invite thing, but I doubt it will work since we're on different servers(btw, someone needs to die for not allowing cross-region play). Hopefully some enterprising cracker will create a direct connect app. Or blizzard will realize the error of their ways. It would be awesome if we could get an all OTP free-for-all 8player map going :D

Since I've finished all the campagin missions on hard, I'm thinking about doing some 1v1 soon, if only to see which league I end up in. But losing in SC2 is just so bloody demoralizing, especially if you're on your own.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Even though the different regions can't play each other, will they let you add friends from other regions to your friends list? It would seem a bit draconian if they wouldn't even allow that.

Edit: It's been answered. :)

I managed to get the second story mission done. My strategy defending the base against the Zerg worked. \o/
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jaedar wrote:
Trestkon wrote: If anyone cares to add me, my address is Lawrence@THEFULLNAMEOFOTP.com
I sent a friend invite thing, but I doubt it will work since we're on different servers(btw, someone needs to die for not allowing cross-region play). Hopefully some enterprising cracker will create a direct connect app. Or blizzard will realize the error of their ways. It would be awesome if we could get an all OTP free-for-all 8player map going :D

Since I've finished all the campagin missions on hard, I'm thinking about doing some 1v1 soon, if only to see which league I end up in. But losing in SC2 is just so bloody demoralizing, especially if you're on your own.
No cross-region play?! Boo :(
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Worker Rushing.