Gifting DDL Deus Ex 3

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Gifting DDL Deus Ex 3

Post by Jonas »

You may be wondering what the fuck is going on here. Basically, DDL is currently unemployed - this is good for HDTP, which is now the main thing he's spending his time on, but it's bad for his personal finances. Being an unemployed biochemist, DDL cannot afford to buy Deus Ex 3 at full price. I think that's unfair. I want to gift him a copy of it on Steam, preferably before it's released so I can get the pre-order discount, but even with the discount it's still $45, which is a bit on the expensive side for a random act of kindness.

If any of you guys here in the DX Editing forum feel that you've benefitted enough from DDL's coding help and advice in the past that it might be worth throwing some money at him, I'd appreciate your contribution. We're only really trying to raise $30 or so here, I can cover the rest no problem. NVShacker has already offered to pitch in with $10, but I'd like to be able to reduce his contribution a little since he doesn't know DDL as well as I do. I figure if I can find 5 more people willing to give $5, job done. I will get an American (probably Gelo) to gift DDL the game as the USD price is a lot cheaper than the EUR price, and the rest of us will send the money to the purchaser via Paypal.

Please just reply to this post if you're willing to help out, and let me know how much you'd be willing to contribute with. This forum is of course hidden from DDL, as I want this to be a surprise, so please don't mention the whole thing outside of this forum.

Thanks in advance for your money if you feel like you wish to contribute, thanks for your attention even if you don't :)

[EDIT 18/08] Mission accomplished, payload delivered, topic moved into off topic, and temporary invisible-to-DDL forum has been deleted. Thanks to everybody who participated :D
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: What this is about

Post by DaveW »

Technically I'm unemployed too (well, there's not really a 'technically' about it), but whatever - put me down for $5.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I guess technically I'm unemployed too, but I do get a government stipend while I'm studying (which is exactly enough to cover my rent!)

Anyway thanks :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Can't give monies cuz' I don't have some either, but good luck bros. :mrgreen:

BLESS YOU JONAS
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

~DJ~ wrote:BLESS YOU JONAS
I appreciate the sentiment, but I am an agnostic atheist so your blessings will probably do me no good :mrgreen:

BTW EER has offered to split the difference with me when everybody else has had a chance to pitch in.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Ok, count me in for $8, that's £5ish.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I can contribute 10$
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

All right so... I'm not comfortable taking $10 from any of you, though I very much appreciate the generosity. Gelo and That Guy are both in for $5, that means we have $35 if I get $5 from each of you including EER. I think I'd prefer to cover the last $10 myself rather than splitting with EER, since this was my idea anyway.

So: DaveW, NVShacker, Phasmatis, Shane, Xesum, EER. Could you all send $5 via Paypal to gfleisher@gmail.com?

This went much faster than I expected. You are all awesome, thanks a bunch :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

$5 sent.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Sent. Works out reasonably cheap in £'s actually (around £27, and it's £30 on Steam - so at least on games Britain isn't being shafted.)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Will do as soon as the whole "Paypal wants to verify your creditcard" process is done.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
metche
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by metche »

Sure - email me ur your paypal stuff and i'll donate :)

Also - please could someone PLEASE just release HDTP?????????? I don't care what state it's in .... I give up!
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Oh wow that was fast.

Folks, the left-over money or the extra money, gimme it. I'll use it to get myself DX3. :mrgreen:

..Just kidding.. although I wouldn't mind.. hehaheahaheahae :oops:
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

metche wrote:Sure - email me ur your paypal stuff and i'll donate :)

Also - please could someone PLEASE just release HDTP?????????? I don't care what state it's in .... I give up!
But we're soooo close :)

(By we, obviously I have nothing to do with the current work - I'm just a useless artist at this stage)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

metche wrote:Sure - email me ur your paypal stuff and i'll donate :)

Hmm... well if you send me $5, each one of us will have paid the same amount, which I guess is cool. Let's take this discussion to email. Also don't worry about HDTP, Akerfeldt and DDL are handling it ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine