Happy Newyear!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AEmer
Illuminati

Happy Newyear!

Post by AEmer »

Hey guys.

Hope you have a great time with some friends and family...or a great time playing videogames, whichever the case may be. Or maybe both at the same time. And wine!

Anyway, what do you hope for in the new year? Any resolutions you would like to make that we can punk you on later down the line for not following up on?

My main resolutions are to complete my BS, get a job and to lose enough weight that I'll look like I did 5 years ago...or at least in the same neighboorhood.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Happy Newyear!

Post by bobby 55 »

Happy New Year.

Yeah, I'm with you on the weight loss. I'm a bit more ambitious with wanting to get down to the weight I was 10 years ago.

It would be cool if I could be the patient, go-with-the-flow dude, I was 10 years ago also. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

^_^ !raeY weN yppaH

My dad bought $500 worth of fireworks in celebration. We start setting them off at midnight.

It will be GLORIOUS!
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Happy new year! My resolution(s): to cut down on the Internet, and perfect a walkover! Hurrahhurrah!
wink wonk
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Happy new year!

My new years resolution is to study harder and do betterin my exams. Mabye even do more exercise, stop being sucn a skinny little kid. And then, most importantly, to play more games and actually write about them like I say I will do.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Happy new year people!
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Happy Last year.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Happy New Year all!

My resolutions: Don't fail college like I did last year, do more exercise, pass my driving test, save up cash for car (+Insurance) and consider courses and locations for University for next year. :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Happy new year!

I don't believe in new year's resolutions, when I want to fix something in my life I just do it :P

This year I stopped biting my nails and started working out, and I graduated from university, and I didn't need to resolve to do any of that. But to those of you who are differently inclined, good luck with your resolutions :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, so, the end of the world thing this year is basically because the Mayans didn't have a calander?

Well my local Pharmacist has saved the world, coz he has that many calanders, he tried to give me two. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote: Yeah, so, the end of the world thing this year is basically because the Mayans didn't have a calendar?
No, the world is ending cause the mayan calendar ended 2012. You know, just like our calendar ended.... yesterday. OMG DOOM IS AT HAND!!!11
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Jonas wrote: I don't believe in new year's resolutions, when I want to fix something in my life I just do it :P
Yeah right, smartass ;-)

As though you don't have any long term goals that you know you're going to have trouble getting to =P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

AEmer wrote:Yeah right, smartass ;-)

As though you don't have any long term goals that you know you're going to have trouble getting to =P
Well other than anything involving the opposite sex, but you really think making it a new year's resolution would help with that? :-s
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

That's sortof the point; regardless of how hard you think it is to accomplish, you put it outthere for all to see that it is your goal.

Either way, I don't know that it's appropriate to make such a resolution...but you were being incredibly smug ;-)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Only incredibly smug? I was aiming for astoundingly smug!

Anyway, I remember reading about a psychological study a few months ago that determined that sharing your goals with others makes you less likely to accomplish them. Apparently that's because the simple act of formulating and expressing your goals to another person gives you a sense of satisfaction as though you're already on your way to accomplish your goal, and that lowers your desire or drive to actually work on it - you feel like you're already doing something even though you haven't even started.

The best way to get shit done is to keep it to yourself, so new year's resolutions are actually counter-productive ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine