Sexism in games (Kingdoms of Amalur case study)

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

VectorM
MJ12

Re: Sexism in games (Kingdoms of Amalur case study)

Post by VectorM »

Jetsetlemming wrote:
AEmer wrote:
Jetsetlemming wrote: I find it really weird that you find being judged for your actions is the same as an unknown individual being judged based on prejudices about a group they're a member of. I'm not prejudiced against you, I'm judging you, not pre, but post, based on what you've already posted in this thread. Are you actually a commune sharing one forums account, and some OTHER guy was posting earlier under your name? That'd explain it, I guess. That's still pretty weird of you all, though.
Ok. How exactly were you not prejudging my oppinion on transsexuals?
I wasn't prejudging your opinion, I was judging you. You're being very squirrelly trying to score points by acting so slighted and put upon. Perhaps if you didn't want to be judged you should've posted better earlier in the thread.
Definition of PREJUDGE

transitive verb
: to judge before hearing or before full and sufficient examination
You juged him before hearing his opinion on transsexuals, and you simply can't claim to have sufficent info on what his opinion might be.
AEmer
Illuminati

Re: Sexism in games (Kingdoms of Amalur case study)

Post by AEmer »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I wasn't prejudging your opinion, I was judging you. You're being very squirrelly trying to score points by acting so slighted and put upon. Perhaps if you didn't want to be judged you should've posted better earlier in the thread.
You were judging what my oppinion on transsexuals would be before you knew what it would be. How is that not prejudging?

And I'm not arguing it because I feel slighted. I'm doing it because you're a fuckin' hipocrite, and I like pointing it out.