Sim City 5

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

EER
Illuminati

Sim City 5

Post by EER »

It has finally been offcially confirmed! \:D/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03 ... more-97828

Anyone excited? Do we dare mention the name of that thing that happened after Rush hour? I am excited, and I do not mention it's name. Sim City 5 is coming to town :D
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Sim City 5

Post by nerdenstein »

You mean Sim City Societies? ;)

Sorry, I had to do it. Anywhere, yeah I'm a little excited for this! I was never any good at SimCity 4 but I always enjoyed it.
We'll see how it goes I guess.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Not excited because its the same team behind Spore and Sim City Societies. The trailer even says "Not representative of gameplay" so consider me extremely skeptic. I expect it to be very buggy. The concept art looked way more stylized than what the trailer does, bloody inconsistent. Their art department confuses the hell out of me.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Sssh, that one never happened!
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Not excited because its the same team behind Spore and Sim City Societies.
While Spore was the same team (besides Will Wright who is now doing something else), SCS was developed by Tilted Mill, and as stated before, never happened ;)

I must say I haven't really looked into everything more than 'it has been announced' because I'm at work. I have seen the leaked footage last week, but I assumed that was forged. I was not immediately put off by it though.

As it has been announced for 2013, I think it's a bit early to write it off as a buggy inconsistent mess. I like the ideas they bring to the table, especially global cooperation, which is something I would have liked to see in SC4 already with the regions with every player having their own city.

Of course, good ideas do not necessarily make a good game (looking at you, Spore), but I am happy that a new installment is coming that will hopefully perform better than SC4 (which only uses one processor core and horribly clogs it). Don't care about 3D though, but I'm not complaining (yet) :)
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I usually complain till I get a reason to stop heh.

And yeah Tilted Mill have gone really down hill since their impression days, such a shame.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

As long as its as good as all other Sim Cities it will be great. SimCity for me was largly made by its music and it wasn't for me, all about fancy 3D graphics. I still play Simcity 3000 Unlimited World Edition. Loved the way you could start UFO attack and get crop circles etc... but could never get very happy sims and rarely could I get a city with profits at the end of each year, always had lack of police stations and fire stations even though I had them everywhere.

Well only time will tell, Simcity hasn't been bad before, hope SC5 doesn't let the rest down.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

When I hear simcity now, all I can think of is MAGNASANTI