First Dishonored video footage

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: First Dishonored video footage

Post by DaveW »

For a demonstration they're probably playing it on easy difficulty so they don't die half a dozen times while recording it.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Jaedar wrote:Doesn't mean it won't be fun though, DX ain't so hard either.
This. I played the Deus Ex demo 3 times before I got the game. The first time, I got my ass kicked on medium several times on liberty island. The second time, I died once, and I played hard. The third time, I was demoing it for a friend, I was playing on realistic, and I didn't take a single point of damage. He thought it looked like a walkover untill I told him to try it and he got one-shot'ed.

This guy has probably played that specific level a fair few times before demoing it.

I mean, it might still be easy, even possibly too easy, but perhaps you're being pessimistic :-)
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

DaveW wrote:For a demonstration they're probably playing it on easy difficulty so they don't die half a dozen times while recording it.
Quite likely, and also when devs are demoing games they sometimes use powers which in the finished product would not be available at that point or might not be available simultaneously at all.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Well yeah, but look at it. With just teleportation he could zoom around and reach all three targets undetected in less than a minute. Yes, you'd have to know the level design to do this, but how hard is it to teleport as high up as you can and gain an eagle eye view? And how hard is it to eliminate single guards when you can teleport up to them from way out of their sight range and do an instakill stab?

The thing is that I'm not really complaining about having all the powers being op, cause the player will likely never have that: But just the basic power looks to make a lot of stuff trivial. And then you add possession which seems to render infiltration moot or time stop which allows you to clear an entire room of baddies very easily. Those can be balanced with mana potions though, and from the demo they seemed somewhat scarce(only saw one in the level, but it was in an obvious place and you could probably find more somewhere or buy from merchants with the coins you find).
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I do agree the unlimited teleportation ability is worrysome. It seems like it'll take the exploration of the game levels in a direction that I'm not certain is an improvement - the basic challenge of navigating the game level may pretty much disappear, and I wouldn't like that. But we'll see.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine