Project Fedora: Tex Murphy on Kickstart

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Salk
UNATCO

Project Fedora: Tex Murphy on Kickstart

Post by Salk »

Hello!

I am trying to inform those that don't know yet and that have played and appreciated the Tex Murphy's adventure series (Under a Killing Moon, Pandora Directive and Overseer) that Chris Jones and Aaron Conners are raising funds via Kickstart in order to finance the fourth chapter of the series (Project Fedora). The studio behind it is the Big Finish Games.

The goal is 450.000$ and we are half way.

The link is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tex ... ect-fedora

There are not many days left for reaching the quota so please let's not miss this opportunity!
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Project Fedora: Tex Murphy on Kickstart

Post by G-Flex »

Whoa! They're actually going for it? I haven't heard about this for so long.

I just hope that it goes well... sometimes when a creative professional (game dev, musical group, whoever) gets into something they did a long time ago, in a genre that's now basically dead, it doesn't work out terribly well. I can only hope they haven't lost that spark!

I wish I had something to contribute right now, because seeing a proper conclusion to the Tex Murphy saga, in game form, would be spectacular.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Things are going fairly well there, G-Flex.

I am contributing something extra to include you too :smile: but I like to think of it as a donation for your wonderful Human Renovation Patch!

If the base limit is reached, the game will be funded with a mere 800.000$ which is less than a tenth of an average game's budget nowadays. On the other hand, I believe that Connors & Jones guarantee that kind of quality that we Tex Murphy's fans are used to when we played the trilogy Under A Killing Moon, Pandora Directive and Overseer.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

My girlfriend and I managed to throw in 30 bucks.

It's just past 110% right now... hopefully it'll get to 130% because I'd really like to see those stretch goals be realized. I'm a bit anxious because right now, the pledge totals are pretty small, but if we're lucky they might get another big push in this last week. Also, their banner ad campaign started today (or is it tomorrow?) as well, so maybe that'll help.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Well, thank you very much for your contribution, G-Flex.

At this moment, I am quite positive that the 120% stretch goal will be reached while it'll be unlikely to reach 130% if there is not a final rush of many people upping their pledge the very last day.

It's a pleasure to welcome you and your girlfriend to the mutant league! =D>