What would be the best way to learn Serbian (again)

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Hashi
Silhouette

What would be the best way to learn Serbian (again)

Post by Hashi »

Well I was born in Serbia and came to Australia when I was 4 years old. I used to speak Serbian in the house, but now it is exclisively English. My Serbian is now emberrasinly bad, and that was amplified when I visited Serbia for the first time a few years back, and could barely talk to my family. Dear God don't want a situation like that again.

I understand most of it, or understand enough to get the jist of what is being said. But music is too fast for me, and I cannot speak it very well beyond stringing together words, and my grammar is bad too.

What would be the best way of learning again? I imagine tutoring would be expensive and probably not worth it as I would need a lot of time. Anyone got any recommendations?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What would be the best way to learn Serbian (again)

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't know what city you're in but Melbourne and Sydney have Serbs following the football/soccer. Maybe if you contacted one of the clubs or a Serbian Society organization and explained, they might be able to set you up with something. I guess hanging around fluent speakers, hopefully patient ones, could help you regain the language.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anki
This is a spaced repetition application.

Spaced repetition is the most efficient way to learn things by hard.
You can probably find a serbian anki collection as someone must've already tried using this for learning.

Get yourself anki, and find a website service online to help you get material for it; either design your own flash cards, or download some, hopefully including both rules of grammar, words and pronounciations.

Then train for half an hour every day trying to memorize cards.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Thanks for the replies, especially for that program, I shall get to using that soon
williamblanton
Mole Person

Post by williamblanton »

Thanks for sharing these effective ways. Besides, I want to introduce rainbow friends which may be useful for you
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Continue the nice function, We study couple of articles about this web site as well as I believe that the internet weblog is actually actual fascinating and it has obtained arenas associated with wonderful info. Απαιτήσεις φωτογραφίας για βίζα της Ινδίας
jubalhenry
UNATCO

Post by jubalhenry »

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! entrare in Turchia via terra
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Air-Duct-Cleaning
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Click Here