Is it possible to go an entire average day without...

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Morpheus
X-51

Is it possible to go an entire average day without...

Post by Morpheus »

On a typical average week day where you'd get up and go to work or school or whatever you'd normally do, I was wondering if it would be possible to go that entire day without hearing any form of music or songs (I suppose you could say bird calls might be an exception here but they do count as some form of melody) or even humming or whistling a tune yourself or hearing one? As I do some video editing and work with creating music for videos at times, I don't find it easy at all to go without music for one day in some form or other, even on TV or hearing car radios as cars pass on the road. Could it be done?

Anyone got any others that would be hard to do on an average week day?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Re: Is it possible to go an entire average day without...

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Well, I suppose it is even if it is quite unlikely. I can't really go through a day without listening to music, being a (fake) musician 'n all that. Being deaf would probably help.
Morpheus wrote:Anyone got any others that would be hard to do on an average week day?
Well, I would imagine not breathing would be quite difficult to do. If someone manages to do this, please do tell me about it.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Do you mean specifically listening to music, or just hearing music without the intention to listen to it?
The former is extremely easy for me, but considering that I play games all the time, the latter is difficult. Unless I didn't play games that day. Then both are easy.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I'm a big music fan. So I couldn't do it, even if I tried.
I have my entire music library stored on my phone, which I will listen to quite often (usually with earphones in) when doing things like housework, college work or the like. Or if I am walking the dog. Or even if I am just driving to work, which is like a 15 minute drive; the stereo system in my car plays music off my phone using Bluetooth. :mrgreen:
Otherwise, I listen to the radio. But that's mostly crap.

I would say, human contact would be quite difficult. But then, having said that, if I just don't leave the house, the only people I would have to communicate with are my parents and my sister. :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Without hearing music? Not possible, unless your normal day has you living deep in a secluded cave in the middle of nowhere, in which case you're not likely to have internet (barring one exception that I know of) and, thus, cannot answer the question. Music is everywhere these days in some shape, form, or fashion, and to escape it would be to avoid any place remotely near people and, since you include bird calls, anywhere near a place where birds might be.

>any others

Off the top of my head, I'd hazard a guess that going a day without seeing food would be quite difficult. It would be easier than to not hear music, though, since you have a bit more control over what you see than what you hear.