Break In Remake

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Re: Break In Remake

Post by Chris »

Alright, got a pirated version of WinZip and WinRAR. Trying your remake.
Platypus
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Chris wrote:Alright, got a pirated version of WinZip and WinRAR. Trying your remake.
Download 7-zip, it's free and opens everything - http://www.7-zip.org/
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Oy vey.

Well as long as you guys play it, lol.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

This is just one or two levels I assume? I am after a whole new game like TNM is. As far as I am aware only two others would fit that criteria: Zodiac & 2027?

Sorry Zero I dont wanna shun your hard work here, i'll strongly consider giving this a try, it's just that I like my first person RPGs to last.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Uh... alright?

Its a remake of content for a contest that lasted for a week over a decade ago.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

You could give Hotel Carone a try, which is not very long but it'll keep you entertained for a few hours (it consists of several locations IIRC). Redsun 2020 is another extensive DX mod comparable to 2027 or TNM, but it lacks polish.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

So Zero made a new fan mission and you guys just go "eh I want something of comparable length to TNM".

TNM took 7 fucking years to make. There will never be another Deus Ex mod of comparable scope. Just play the fucking fan mission you ingrates! ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

My problems are

A) finding time, and
B) getting hugely distracted by ZP's mapmaking skills and going "hm..I wonder how he did that", then getting shot in the head because I was distracted.

But hey, if I get a spare moment I'll give it a whirl. :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jonas wrote:So Zero made a new fan mission and you guys just go "eh I want something of comparable length to TNM".

TNM took 7 fucking years to make. There will never be another Deus Ex mod of comparable scope. Just play the fucking fan mission you ingrates! ;)
Hey Hey, TNM is the ONLY fan mission I have ever played. Well there was a Duke 3D FM but I really did not like the design on that one.
I know I have missed alot of quality content over the years. Anyway it is fucking free so there is no excuse, other than time. I have made a fuss in this thread so I gotta play it now. I'll share my thoughts when am done.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Jonas wrote:So Zero made a new fan mission and you guys just go "eh I want something of comparable length to TNM".

Seriously. The reaction here is... staggering. I appreciate your blunt support of the fact that its a fucking short mission that was not advertised as anything different. Merely a look into the past along with a breath of fresh air put into it.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Staggering?

Seems a bit strong. Basically it's "positive, positive, and positive + thanks" from people, with one "I can't unzip it", one "DDL being jealous of ZP mapping skillz in a manner that was intended to be a compliment, but also DDL being a dick as usual", and one "if it's not TNM then GTFO", and that's from cybernetic pig (who seems to have a habit of making inflammatory statements anyway).

So overall I'd say really the response is massively positive. Hell, if I get the time I'll definitely give it a go. I'll still be annoyed by how much better you are at mapping than me, though.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Whoops, TNM is a TC not a FM technically speaking, I knew that.
Man I feel so bad for my first post. Dl'ing now Zero, and thanks. And tbh im looking forward to it aluva sudden for reasons I wont go into without digging the hole deeper. :giggle:
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Have not had time to check, but just did a quick playthrough, got as far as meeting Alex (which took 5 or 6 tries) and when the map exited, said "Can't find url for..." and couldn't see what it was saying and it wasn't on the log file. I have all files in the right place so don't know what happened.

Edit: nevermind, was missing CaroneElevatorSet
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I couldn't get into the second map because I was missing that. I'll give it another shot when I find that file.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.