The Raid: Redemption

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

The Raid: Redemption

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I would make a seperate thread for this but I doubt anyone has seen it so i'll go ahead:

Just watched The Raid: Redemption http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899353/ and omg it was fucking epic!
If you are a fan of action films, more specifically martial arts films, GO WATCH THIS NOW!

Hands down the best martial arts film in years.

The story is crap (as in most martial arts films) but the gameplay (action, the meat of the movie) as I like to call it is top notch. And no hollywood bullshit camera shake.

This film is the next Ong Bak, IP Man or Flashpoint, put it that way. Although the Story aswell as the action is good in IP Man but whatever.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:I would make a seperate thread for this but I doubt anyone has seen it so i'll go ahead:

Just watched The Raid: Redemption http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899353/ and omg it was fucking epic!
If you are a fan of action films, more specifically martial arts films, GO WATCH THIS NOW!
Yeah I've seen it, it was quite good, but it doesn't belong in the "What are you playing?" thread :?

Moved.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: The Raid: Redemption

Post by DaveW »

I liked the look of it from the trailer and thought the film was ok, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I guess I don't like martial arts films much.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

In Off topic Prod. forums in the off topic sub forum I thought it would be fitting if I went off topic :D JK

I dunno why I just didnt make a new thread, sorry.

That end fight scene is epic though.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I think it's just called The Raid in the UK. It came out on DVD a little while ago and was going to rent it out but saw that it was subtitled which put me off a little bit because I can't concentrate on both.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Dubbing is a blasphemic practice that desecrates the original work and dulls the minds of the audience.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Agreed.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Agreed.

There are a couple old martial arts films that I like both the dubbed version & original though, one of them being The Drunken Master.
Alot of the dubbing in old MA films surely was offensive to the country of origin though. Well and newer films too but in older ones the dubbers really took the piss sometimes.