Jaron f******* Namir

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Jaron f******* Namir

Post by Chris »

Alright Im stuck in a boss fight with Namir in DXHR. I could have followed the strategies that I have found online but i do not have the resources to try them (Mine Templates, Frags, Laser Rifle you get the idea) And i took that stupid "augmentation upgrade chip" back at Hengsha ( its a bloody trap which removes all my augs when its the time for the Namir fight). AND the only weapons I have is The Tranquilizer Rifle, Stun Gun, a hell of a lot of Gas Grenades and a SUPER UPGRADED 10mm Pistol. (Im a pacifist, gotta deal with it). I do the usual running around the outer corridor non stop, stopping only to shoot at Namir when he cloaks and uncloaks. And its confusing when he looks like ALL other manikins located in this tiiiny tiiiny rectangular room. The Barrett and Yelena boss fights are really easy because im well prepared. But I only have a pistol here which doesnt make much. And dont tell me to restart the whole thing from right before I took the "augmentation upgrade chip". I feel too lazy to do this again...

So can you guys tell me how to defeat this douche?
Platypus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Jaron f******* Namir

Post by nerdenstein »

I actually found this one the easiest of the three Tyrant Boss Fights. :?

I just kept running and shooting and running. Then again, I'm a hoarder: I carry so much shit around with me (At one point, I'm sure I was carrying a Pistol, Stun Gun, Machine Pistol and Assault Rifle as well as three or four of each kind of grenade. Yet, I was playing moderately stealthy. :lol:
In my defence, they were all silenced. :mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah even with the Kill Switch activated, I remember finding it quite easy. Aren't there weapons lying around the room like in the previous boss battles? I can't remember.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah just keep taking cover behind the pillars until he uncloaks, unload some to his face, run around to the next bit of cover, rinse and repeat. IIRC the manikins are standing on blocks that have ammo and limited weapons in them, though I'm not totally sure about the weapons.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

By "in them", you mean I can break them?
Platypus
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

Im a hoarder too. Except I hoard ammo. Lots and LOTS of ammo. For guns i never use.

One question: Do we get another chance to get the Laser Rifle even after Hengsha?
Platypus
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:By "in them", you mean I can break them?
Totally not...
Platypus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

There is ammo in containers there. I thought they were in the things the manikins were standing on but it's been awhile since I played HR, so if frobbing them isn't getting a result then they must be laying about somewhere in the room.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Take the laser rifle if you want the last boss to be as pathetic as "Point gun; pull trigger".
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

The boss fights are a joke but anyways its good to get out of the stealth mode once in a while. I liked the second fight with Federova.
Platypus
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Abuse quicksave/load. Every successful engagement with namir without taking damage hit F5, load as soon as you take damage. Continue this process until he is dead.
Not neccessary at all though just shoot him through the gaps in the partitions.
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

I used that tactic in the second boss. I certainly will not use this strategy here because this takes 2 minutes to load.
Platypus