Dual Monitor Issues with DX10

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jane_Denton
X-51

Dual Monitor Issues with DX10

Post by Jane_Denton »

I am helpless without my dual monitor. 8-[

I can't get DX10 to work with my dual monitors, it always turns my secondary to black. Which leaves me cut off from the world :giggle:
I always use 1080p which is my preferred resolution.

The only way around it is to play game in windowed mode, which I don't think should be necessary! I've read on various other forums from other gamers with the same issue but no one ever offered solutions. <_<

However when I'm using DX9 or DX11 there are no issues at all with dual monitors! :mrgreen:

Anyone else have this issue? :-k
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Dual Monitor Issues with DX10

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm probably way off here but would configuring the surround thingy in the NVidia Control Panel help?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

bobby 55 wrote:I'm probably way off here but would configuring the surround thingy in the nVidia Control Panel help?
I'm willing to try anything. I couldn't find anything on the forums, just peeps like me with the issue and no answers... :lol:

Here's what I see in my nVidia control panel. I just don't see what I could change?
NCP.JPG

There are so many maybes. Like maybe because my secondary monitor is DVI and is detected first by windows even though my primary is HDMI. Maybe because one monitor is 24" and one is 27". Silly things like that, could be an issue but then again could just as well not. It only happens with DX10.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah sorry, NVidia implemented that feature on the 500 and beyond series of cards. #-o
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

bobby 55 wrote:Yeah sorry, NVidia implemented that feature on the 500 and beyond series of cards. #-o
Ahhh mine pet vid card is a 450 http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVID ... TOPDI1GD5/