Arx - End of Sun

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Arx - End of Sun

Post by Cybernetic pig »

About

Arx – End Of Sun is a fan made modification / total conversion that is based on the first person dungeon RPG : Arx Fatalis

This is a fan made prequel to the original story of Arx Fatalis.

The modification / total conversion itself is based on the IDTech4 (Doom3) engine.
Work in progress demo video 2: http://arxendofsun.solarsplace.com/

This looks badass, but unfortunately nowhere near completion.
Still worth linking though simply because Arx Fatalis needs & deserves much more attention than it gets.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Re: Arx - End of Sun

Post by AgentOrange »

I need to play more of Arx Fatalis.

Hell, I need to play more of Ultima Underworld, too. The gameplay of those games has aged surprisingly well.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Arx - End of Sun

Post by Cybernetic pig »

A prequal on Doom 3 engine was a bit of an odd choice. Sure, works for The Dark Mod because Thief is alot older than Arx and doesn't have as complex gameplay, for this TC these guys have coded all the RPG systems etc from scratch, plus IDTech4 aint much newer than the engine that Arx uses (whatever that is).
In that demonstration vid the gritty atmosphere and visuals so prominent in Arx is really lacking, though it is still an alpha build.
Still, an unnoficial prequal to Arx on DooM 3 engine will be much appreciated because I doubt we will be seeing an official Arx sequal/prequal anytime soon.

Glad they got dooms sprinting in it too.

If there is one thing they have to do though it's use some of Arx's music and SFX, which were brilliant, some of the locations in that demonstration were the same as the game, they definately should use the music from arx in those areas. Doesn't look like Arkane have allowed them to use the assets though unfortunately.

I really like the english voice acting too in Arx, an excellent mix of good and downright terrible just like Deus Ex.