Rumour: Disney Is Closing Warren Spector’s Junction Point

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Rumour: Disney Is Closing Warren Spector’s Junction Poin

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Was your name always white DDL?
No it is a recent development.

Think of it as a test of DDL's character ;)
DDL has been modded modulated *mod-er-ated. :mrgreen:

mod-er-ator-ed more likely. :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

CrocMagnum wrote: For instance if the first 50 pages of a book are slowpaced / terrible, not many people will finish it. Even if the book is good overall.
Well i will not ditch a book because it's slow paced, But if it is badly writen, i don't see why you consider it bad to stop reading it.
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Cybernetic pig wrote:...I'm in my early 20's pal.
I was just approving DLL remark about how most people don't finish their games (Steam statistics). I also added that the average age of gamers is arounds 30. On my way I just took the time to taunt you, but that wasn't the crux of my point. :mrgreen:
Cybernetic pig wrote:On average it takes longer to read your average book than to complete your average game. And there are plenty of looooongg books out there.[
So do you infer that gaming is better than reading? This isn't about efficiency, these are completly different mediums.
DDentonas wrote:...Well i will not ditch a book because it's slow paced, But if it is badly writen, i don't see why you consider it bad to stop reading it.
You misunderstood me. And I agree with you actually: These days most consumers judge a game by it's trailer, they also judge a book by it's first pages. I thinks they're sorely mistaken. I'll tell you something about good books. For my part there are 2 kinds of good books:

- those which are perfect from start to finish. You're hooked from page 1 and you can't put the d**n thing down. Example: Lord Valentine's Castle ( Robert Silverberg)

- and then there are books than need a little work. You have to put up with a slow start. But after that the book is a joy. Example: Dune 1 (Frank Herbert)

My point is: these people should give the book / the game a chance.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)