A play. In which Mud is Flung, and Mothers are Insulted. Funz!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Rumour: Disney Is Closing Warren Spector’s Junction Poin

Post by Jaedar »

DaveW wrote: Hint: I am clearly aware there are new words in New Vegas. But the writing and gameplay are not significantly better or worse than Fallout 3 - they are in the same vein i.e. not different.
Let me get this straight. You claim, without feeling the need to elaborate, that bethesda's fucking fallout 3, has the same quality of writing as Obsidian's new vegas?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Cybernetic pig wrote: What is with the personal attacks? Have I been rude to anybody? Perhaps I make you feel threatened? You are timid like a child.
I wasn't aware I made any personal attacks, aside from telling you to stop acting like a spoiled brat.

(Also, retracting farmiliar ground since I've told you this before..trolling ≠ saying something that you disagree with)
Jaedar wrote:Let me get this straight. You claim, without feeling the need to elaborate, that bethesda's fucking fallout 3, has the same quality of writing as Obsidian's new vegas?
I do claim that indeed.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Made an edit to my previous, David.
DaveW wrote:
I do claim that indeed.
Yet you say that you didn't even play much of the game :roll:
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

He did say that indeed and it's fine, since, you know, you shouldn't expect someone to keep playing a game he doesn't enjoy, just so he could have the chance of pleasing you with an opinion you approve of. :roll:
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

VectorM wrote:He did say that indeed and it's fine, since, you know, you shouldn't expect someone to keep playing a game he doesn't enjoy, just so he could have the chance of pleasing you if an opinion you approve of. :roll:
No. he has no valid opinion on the writing.

And I already told you to not address anymore posts to me a while back, you strange little man.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Cybernetic pig wrote: No. he has no valid opinion on the writing.
YOU don't have a valid opinion on ANYTHING. What I just said is just as (in)valid as your statement.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DaveW wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Let me get this straight. You claim, without feeling the need to elaborate, that bethesda's fucking fallout 3, has the same quality of writing as Obsidian's new vegas?
I do claim that indeed.
I think there's more humour in New Vegas, and the characters are a whole lot more memorable. New Vegas also has an ending that doesn't make me think...whaaat? :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

VectorM wrote:ok
Ok, last time VectorM.

No, he has read/listened to I am assuming not even 20% of the writing/dialogue. He has not experienced it, he has no valid opinion on it, it is as simple as that.

He can have an opinion, but it would hold fuck all weight.

Now, I am not replying in this thread anymore, real douchey in here. Shame considering the thread title.

DaveW, if you are going to reply, i'd rather you'd spoil my Mod thread tbh. So take it there, or PM.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

DaveW wrote: I do claim that indeed.
I was going to argue with you. But then I realized, there's no arguing with such an inane statement. I just can't do it, especially not like a civil human being.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Damn. Can't ignore you cause you're mod of a forum.

Quite the conundrum.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Cybernetic pig wrote: You don't have authority over me you self-righteous prick. It is my opinion that modern games suck, and there is nothing wrong with me having a moan about that every now and then. And I thought moaning was something that old people do, stereotypically?
Still, prick.
You're welcome to have that opinion, but you shouldn't feel welcome to berate everyone who disagrees with it and act as if that is the only opinion someone can have. It'd be fine if you just said "I disagree", but you don't ever do that.
Cybernetic pig wrote: Yet you say that you didn't even play much of the game :roll:
I played about 3 hours of it, and none of the writing stood out above Fallout 3. If it gets better further on, then I'll revise my opinion and say that it's equal to Fallout 3's (very average) writing for the first ~3 hours.

Consider this analogy; I watch the first few episodes of Lost. You ask me what I think of it a few months later. I say "I didn't like the writing, it felt confused". Your response here is essentially "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASONS 1 TO 6 SO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT ABOUT THE WRITING"
Jaedar wrote: I was going to argue with you. But then I realized, there's no arguing with such an inane statement. I just can't do it, especially not like a civil human being.
Then don't start an argument about it, perhaps? I wasn't saying you were wrong, just that I didn't like the writing. Not sure why as a 'civil human being' you feel the need to prove that you're right.

Edit: actually, I'll expand on that; why do you think the burden of proof is on me? You're the one who seems to care so much to make an argument out of it, so why do you claim (without feeling the need to elaborate) that New Vegas has better writing than Fallout 3? You essentially make that statement within your question without backing it up, and instead expect me to without a hint of irony. Then get upset when I don't do what you haven't done either.

So hey, since you're generally just annoying anyway and aren't interested in sensible discussion, I'll happily ignore you.
Last edited by DaveW on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

You don't have authority over me you self-righteous prick.
He says this, but then he tells me not to respond to him. Do YOU have authority over me, Cpt. Obviously Hypocritical?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

VectorM wrote:
You don't have authority over me you self-righteous prick.
He says this, but then he tells me not to respond to him. Do YOU have authority over me, Cpt. Obviously Hypocritical?
Who do you think he is, some kind of rational person?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'M COMMANDER SHEPARD AND THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THREAD IN THE FORUM
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

You really need to start locking threads and actually, you know, banning people. I know that would probably include me, but things have been just plain shit for some time.
It is my opinion that modern games suck, and there is nothing wrong with me having a moan about that every now and then.
Except that you whine about it ALL THE FUCKING TIME and berate everyone for daring to have an opinion that is vastly different from yours. "Hey guys, it's perfectly OK to have an opinion! *Sees someone with a different opinion* OMG Y U HAV DIS OPINION!?$%"
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DDL wrote:I'M COMMANDER SHEPARD AND THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THREAD IN THE FORUM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Adding a little BioWare to the Bethesda/Obsidian mix might cause an event horizon. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional