Moddb advice

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Moddb advice

Post by ggrotz »

I looked at ModDB when I uploaded the HDTP installer and Hassat Hunter's walkthrough. I am really not sure entirely how to do this, but I tried linking those two files over to their respective pages and seemed to not do it right. I was wondering if there's something I'm missing. Especially since I've thought (since I have the account) about uploading some modding content for another game that I was involved with creating content for and I don't want those files to NOT link to that particular game.

Anyhow, could someone give me a run-down on how to upload files so they do show up with the mod/game in question? Thanks.
kocmo
Thug

Re: Moddb advice

Post by kocmo »

In order to associate the download with a game, you have to set the respective field under the download profile:

Not sure about how to associate a download with a mod, as I don't have any such unassociated downloads. Perhaps there would be a relevant field in the same profile screen?
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

A thing to know about moddb is if the mod page proprietary have locked the ability from the general public to use it or not and therefore restricted its use for the developer group or simply himself. In this case you can't post in that mod page but you can still link it to a game as they are usually not locked.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I don't for other mods, but for my own;

* Uploading it under "addons" automatically links it. Probably too late for that now.
* Link groups, games & mods* (at the entire bottom of the download list). Though that list is almost entirely empty for me and not sure how to add to it. Only see my own group (TSLRCM developers) and Deus Ex fangroup... :-k
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:I don't for other mods, but for my own;

* Uploading it under "addons" automatically links it. Probably too late for that now.
* Link groups, games & mods* (at the entire bottom of the download list). Though that list is almost entirely empty for me and not sure how to add to it. Only see my own group (TSLRCM developers) and Deus Ex fangroup... :-k
Yeah I tried a number of things when I uploaded both those files and it didn't associate with mods. Of course, I have my own DX loader to upload soon, along with the mods for that other game I mentioned. I can always delete and re-upload when those other files get updated, I guess.