Do not underestimate the POWAR of Star Wars!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Do not underestimate the POWAR of Star Wars!

Post by Jonas »

http://finalboss.uol.com.br/fb3/fotos/2 ... 201166.jpg

My dreams... have been exceeded... spectacularly :shock:

(Okay so it's still just rumour-mongering but now it's rumour-mongering IN PRINT.)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Woo! I... A new kotor... Woo! *chokes* Woo! Kotor3! Unreal 3 engine... realtime combat... Woo!
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm sceptical about the Mass Effect system being used in KOTOR3. I don't know where they got that, but it seems like baseless and unlikely speculation. The KOTOR series is based on Star Wars d20 and it seems very improbable that they'd switch to a system that is proprietary to Bioware for the third installment.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Bioware, please please please tell Obsidian to piss off and take this on yourself!

That being said, I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to this; I'm a sucker for sequels, especially if the first game was really good but the second game wasn't as good *cough*DX:IW*cough*
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

Obsidian didn't do a bad job with KotOR 2 at all, if they had had a longer development cycle it would have been great. I'd take a third installment from Bioware or Obsidian without complaint.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I would be happy with how ever they do it. Since I haven't played Mass Effect *Shakes fist and Microsoft* I don't know what the GRAW system is like but if it's a lot better than the D20 system then meh they can go for it.

And yeah, I loved Kotor2 so if either Obsidian or Bioware do it, I'm fine with that.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

GRAW stands for Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, so it's not actually a GRAW-system, it just resembles GRAW.

And Kale, you watch your mouth! Obsidian are awesome! Just play NWN2 and especially Mask of the Betrayer. They fucked up with the schedule for KOTOR2, but that was their first game as Obsidian Entertainment and now they have a little more authority to propose a better schedule.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Obsidian ftw, they are all ex-black isle kale, same guys that made the excelent fallout series until interplay raped it and gave its used body to the Bethesda retards.

Realtime combat? if thats true then allow me to throw out my old copies of Dark Forces.

I would also give anything for a new star wars RPG franchise set during the ESB period since we soo badly need it (ESB is usually the period most Star Wars games used to be set in, Dark Forces 1 for instance, Star Wars Rebellion, Shadows Of The Empire and of course my fav Xwing Alliance) it won't happen though since LucasArts hates the original trillogy for some stupid reason, and they just suck at making games based on it in recent times (Empire At War for instance).
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Still no firefly. :cry:
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

wasn't a firefly MMORPG being made already? thats the last I heard about that. Dw Dead, I think you'll be getting that sooner or later.
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

At least in Neocron all the classes could all interchange with each other.. thats the least I can say about Hellgate or WoW which has stupid "class only" items. I just ordered my copy of Neocron today (for like $9 inc shipping, its better than the $30odd dollars you pay for the digital version.. or you can buy a copy for 10cents if you live in the US :D) so yeah I'm definately going back to that cyberpunk metropolis I left more than 4 years ago :( its been far too long.

Meanwhile yep you bet the Firefly game will come out.. But I'd rather a Farscape MMORPG in my opinion.. Hell I'd even make the game since its one of the few Australian made Sci-Fis that actually made an impact. Farscape has some crazy races and would soo work in an MMORPG environment.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I am very interested in your opinion about the present Neocron. I am fascinated by the game but I have never tried it because I've read many negative opinions and the payment system was stupid. Last thing I've heared was that they revamped it quite a bit.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

They've fixed the Payment system. It goes through PayPal now so its more reliable and secure than their C2P scam lol, All of the factions have been restored to NC1 settings (so they are all pretty much warlike now) and the population has been increasing quite a lot lately going by the offical forums (and the amount of n00b posts)

I've played NC2 before during the Beta, it was alright but I hated the new models (which has become like the biggest request to switch back to the old Low-Def models.. since they looked more Cyberpunk than the new ones) also the new interface sucks. I missed the old one from NC1. But yeah my cravings to return to that awesome Cyberpunk world are causing me to pay for a month or two (since I am getting a full month free).

I wish there was an NC1 sever again :( I think its a pretty safe MMO now, but make sure that you actually BUY the boxed version because Reakktor is ripping people off with that FREE trial crap, the Boxed version includes a full month and costs 10 cents on Amazon.com :D compared to the $30+ that you pay for just downloading the damn game using the trial version. (read the fine print people!).

But its pretty good value, the prices are the same as every other MMO. However I was tempted to try the new EVE Trinity expansion cause that looks fucking amazing.. but then I remembered that EVE is a life sucking device that took away a full 2 months of my life :D (damn 2 month free trials! ultimate hook)
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

It sounds like speculation to me, though PC Gamer UK's The Spy did say he expected to see KOTOR 3 begin development, and he's pretty much never wrong. Still I doubt beyond the fact Obsidian wants to make one, any other detail has been nailed down yet so that's where the speculation kicks in. Personally I would definately expect to see it on the ME engine and developed by Obsidian (I don't mind so long as they have time to finish it, you think the PC version was bad you should have seen the Xbox one, I can't believe we passed it). I don't know if the developer for the new SW MMO has been decided yet, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Bioware have signed on to do. All pure guesses of course and not likely to be as accurate as The Spy's. :)
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker