Please critique my first episode of economic history

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Hashi
Silhouette

Please critique my first episode of economic history

Post by Hashi »

Hello friends

So all of the economic threads and the thread about youtubers talking into a camera come down to this. I have read countless articles and considered both the mainstream and contrarian economic point of view when coming to make this series. So I consider this to my Magnus opus since it took about 2 years of reading various economic books and periphery subjects to be able to arrive at the knowledge I have today.

So yeah, tell me what you think! All feedback is welcome and I definitely want to improve my videos as I go along. Since I do not have a teleprompter, I cannot get closer to the camera as you would see my eyes looking down beneath the camera. The pics I put in are meant to make the topic more light hearted, something I think is missing when normally talking about finance or economics. Audio levels will also be tweaked as I go along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHB-MvwPrc
CrocMagnum
NSF

Re: Please critique my first episode of economic history

Post by CrocMagnum »

Hi, Hashi! My time is short so I’ll be straight to the point. First you are to be commended for your endeavour, I really like the spirit of your oral essay (cool and nonchalant).

Since I’m a real lamer when it comes to economics, I’ll only comment about the form. I do hope the members who have a background in the subject will comment on the content.

It’s so easy to criticize, but since you asked for it :mrgreen: :

- I feel the acoustics of the room is not suited for giving a speech, I mean the sound is hollow and I had a hard time to hear some words. Your voice / accent are not to blame though, that's good enunciation there,

- in my view a jeans and t-shirt are not suited for a lesson in economics, a classic trousers / shirt combo would do the trick nicely. You don’t need to wear a tie though,

- come to think of it, I bet the room where you did your phenomenal dancing vids is way better sound-wise.

Well! That's what come to my mind. Have a nice day!

Note: Man, I miss your dancing vids *sigh*
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I have only seen a short bit of the video as I don't have time to watch it now, but one tip I have learned, if your talking in front of a camera like your doing here, the best place for the camera to be is to have the lens eye level to you so that your looking directly at the camera and not down or up at it, unless there is a specific reason you would want to and this will look better. Watch other people on YouTube and you'll see many people do it this way.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
MartaNilla
Thug

Post by MartaNilla »

The essay writing help services I used were professional and reliable. They delivered essays that were well-structured, coherent, and free of errors.