Does anyone have a YouTube account?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jane_Denton
X-51

Does anyone have a YouTube account?

Post by Jane_Denton »

Just wondering if anyone has a YouTube account that I can check out. :)

Feel free to check out mine and Subscribe: Jane Denton

I just have some short gameplay vids atm, slowly growing in number. And a few playlists.

Oh and I saw this really cool toy aka pvr that I've added to my "must have" wishlist. It's called HD PVR Rocket I currently use Fraps but it has the worst compression if any. But this has better compression, according to them 1/3 better. Which is good news for my external 2TB drive currently being used for my gameplay recording.
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Does anyone have a YouTube account?

Post by ggrotz »

FWIW, here's mine. Haven't put any videos up in some time, but the main purpose of it was to show complete games of a number of mods as more of a walk through function. If I get the time and mood, I might figure out how to do better quality (without costing me a lot of money) and see if I can do some nicer ones maybe. Not sure though. :S
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I certainly have a youtube account, but I never upload anything. I use it only to subscribe to stuff.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

ggrotz wrote:FWIW, here's mine. Haven't put any videos up in some time, but the main purpose of it was to show complete games of a number of mods as more of a walk through function. If I get the time and mood, I might figure out how to do better quality (without costing me a lot of money) and see if I can do some nicer ones maybe. Not sure though. :S

I Subscribed to yours. I like the mass of DX vids... going to go watch them now... ;)

I use Fraps... has good quality but takes up major harddrive space... so I'm looking into this neat contraption Hauppage HD PVR Rocket. Also a friend of mine made a really nice splash screen for his vids with his YouTube name etc, I haven't gotten around to learning that yet... haven't gotten the software yet to create it.
Jaedar wrote:I certainly have a youtube account, but I never upload anything. I use it only to subscribe to stuff.
Feel free to Subcribe to mine then! :mrgreen: Why deprive yourself of my awesome channel! :lol:

I couldn't find you on YouTube... must be under another name. Got everyone else under the friends list who uploaded vids for Steam....
Last edited by Jane_Denton on Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

lol if you're into economics stuff, here's mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWq8pF ... so_q02b2BA
dunno how to imbed it

In terms of gameplay footage, I much prefer Deus Ex, including the hilarious speed run of it. DX:HR really doesn't have the classic feel to it, as the original does. And looking at more videos of it, I think part of the reason are the differences between the guards and law enforcement between the games. In the first one, they felt more human when you approached them and they said something. With HR, they feel more robotic and it feels like they're just spouting out stock company lines, which might be realistic, but it's not as fun
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Hashi wrote:lol if you're into economics stuff, here's mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWq8pF ... so_q02b2BA
dunno how to imbed it

In terms of gameplay footage, I much prefer Deus Ex, including the hilarious speed run of it. DX:HR really doesn't have the classic feel to it, as the original does. And looking at more videos of it, I think part of the reason are the differences between the guards and law enforcement between the games. In the first one, they felt more human when you approached them and they said something. With HR, they feel more robotic and it feels like they're just spouting out stock company lines, which might be realistic, but it's not as fun
The original DX is my fave game of all time. I have no idea how many times I replayed it. I recently started to doing some gameplay vids using Dave's mod... took a break from it, but still on my todo list. I played those other mods as well there are a ton of great ones that give a whole new life to it. TMN being the best, but I played Redsun too... and all the others the have on Moddb.

I liked DXHR too... I guess I liked it because I think of it as a homage to the original and keeping the series alive, and I still hope they will continue to make more. Kinda of like how the modders do with the original DX. Nothing will beat JC Denton though and the original story line... especially the dark basements of unknown locations with aliens running around... LOL However I was a little annoyed when they pulled DX The Fall over to PC from Android without barely making it playable... that was a little insulting to the loyal followers of the series (the Steam rants of it tell the story better).