ITT: Hair Styling Advice

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

ITT: Hair Styling Advice

Post by Master_Kale »

Guys, it's that time of the year again: I-Need-a-Haircut Time! Unfortunately, I have yet to find a haircut that I can reliably ask for and be happy with. That's why I've turned to you guys. Take a gander at what I'm sporting now:

Front

Side

In the past, I've gone with slightly longer than a buzzcut out of force of habit, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should keep it a bit long. Are there any fashionable and low-maintenance hairstyles for someone with hair like mine?
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I have bad news for you...

Well, the good news is that someone invented wigs. *giggeling* *looks in the mirror* *stops giggeling*
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

fox wrote:I have bad news for you...

Well, the good news is that someone invented wigs. *giggeling* *looks in the mirror* *stops giggeling*
What the hell does that mean? :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

That you should honor your name, and shave your head bald, and then wear wigs. Lots of wigs.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Headshaving depends on if you have a nicely shaped head or not, though admittedly: there's only one way to find out.. :)

But yeah, I'd recommend headshaving. It's liberating!
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

EER is correct, as always but I'd suggest even more wigs! As for the alternative answer (this is DX-related, right?), I am still undecided between Video 1 and Video 2.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Hah, "I have bad news for you" ;-)

Cut shorter in the back and on the sides, since it looks disheveled.. You have curly short hair, so I don't know what to suggest otherwise. Even a brush or buzz cut might look odd with curly hair. Also, paint your fence.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

justanotherfan wrote:Hah, "I have bad news for you" ;-)

Cut shorter in the back and on the sides, since it looks disheveled.. You have curly short hair, so I don't know what to suggest otherwise. Even a brush or buzz cut might look odd with curly hair. Also, paint your fence.
Disheveled is a good description of my current hair style; I take a shower in the morning and comb it back with my fingers when I get out...that's the extent of my "styling" ><

I do agree with your suggestion to trim the back. Maybe I'll just go in and tell the barber to give me a trim and see what happens from there :\
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

spike it. My hair looks exactly like yours when I get out of the shower, we both have curly hair but I pull of spikes pretty well. Tell them to take an inch off the top and use a number 3 on the sides. Viola instant secks appeal.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Grow it into a mullet :D Mcguyver ftw!
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

ZeroPresence wrote:spike it. My hair looks exactly like yours when I get out of the shower, we both have curly hair but I pull of spikes pretty well. Tell them to take an inch off the top and use a number 3 on the sides. Viola instant secks appeal.
I'm going to get a haircut tomorrow. I think I'll follow your advice, since it sounds like the type of haircut I want but haven't been able to put into words.

And CP, I may be inventive as hell, but no one will ever look as good with a mullet as the original MacGyver :P
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

I agree - gel it up -
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I figured short hair might look odd with the curling. Ask your barber/stylist what they'd recommend.

Oh, I forgot, those sideburns look odd now. I'd suggest no sideburns. They'll grow back fast anyway. Squaring off the goatee (it's actually a "circle beard") could help.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Got a haircut as per ZP's suggestion. I'll post pictures once I finish unpacking.
justanotherfan wrote:Squaring off the goatee (it's actually a "circle beard") could help.
It's not squared off? Oh dear, I've been going about this all wrong D:
Is there a particular part of the goat' that's making it a "circle beard"? I took a look at the picture again and couldn't quite tell what you meant.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

A circle beard is a goatee with a mustache that connects. Just the technical name. Making the lines on the side straighter could be a good look; it's hard to do with disposable razors, but easy with a DE razor or a beard trimmer.