OTP Discord?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Bogie
UNATCO

OTP Discord?

Post by Bogie »

I think the mods should start some sort of Discord channel. Alot of people constantly post updates to mods, which are more often than not missed, so I think alot of modders and general forum browsers would benefit from having a Discord channel.

Or it could just be a meme filled pile of trash, but isn't that every channel? :P
SkrillaX
NSF

Re: OTP Discord?

Post by SkrillaX »

I hear ya, but they've got plenty of gaming channels that highlight the release of pending games and discuss their aesthetic. Couldn't they just merge the Discord into that? I mean it's logical to highlight mods with games because they lie in the same category.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

What mods? We have an admin and he seems content with the way things are/is too busy to go beyond checking in from time to time to make sure all hell hasn't broke loose. That's about it, I don't think any mods are active here.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Well it would be more organized to have it started by at least two so that in case ones away, the other's there. But you get what I mean.
SkrillaX wrote:I hear ya, but they've got plenty of gaming channels that highlight the release of pending games and discuss their aesthetic. Couldn't they just merge the Discord into that? I mean it's logical to highlight mods with games because they lie in the same category.
Yes, but those are focusing on tons of games as opposed to a game series, or even one game. It's like making the ZDoom Discord channel an "all classic DOS first person shooters" channel. There's a big difference.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I think that while we have a dedicated community here, we don't have the critical mass to justify a Discord channel. Even people on the Deus Ex subreddit aren't dedicated to the original Deus Ex and its mods, but rather to the Square Enix ones.

So while we could have a Discord channel, this forum acts more or less like one - people talk freely, without much regard to sub forums, and sometimes double post to attract more attention. The smaller size lends itself more freedom that doesn't result in absolute anarchy. Even if a mod (Jonas in our case) isn't that active anymore - I think it's sufficient for us.

Nevertheless, if someone wants to open up a channel and lets the results decide - go for it! It'd be a shame to see this forum completely barren, but if it could result in a bigger and more active community, I'd be for it.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Well, I seem to be the main person of interest, so I suppose I can set one up.