Deus Ex beginning

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

What do you think. Could someone do it?

Yes
50%
No
50%
You would like to make mod
No votes

Total votes: 8
Morpheus
X-51

Deus Ex beginning

Post by Morpheus »

You know what would be good? A mod for Deus Ex which was set at the very beginning when Paul first joined UNATCO and you could play the training and the endgame would be where Paul was sent out from Hong Kong and you see JC Talking to Paul on the Liberty Island Dock.

I working on Morpheus right now and cannot do this. Be cool if someone did. You would have to know the Deus Ex storyline good to know this. :idea: :?: :!: :arrow:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Could certainly be done. I think it's much more realistic than many other mod projects; certainly more realistic than Redsun or Cassandra (which were both - sorta - released). But I don't think anyone could gather a team of sufficient skills and determination these days, the game is too old, interest too low and unless ambitions are kept all the way down, DX modding always ends up taking a few years :?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Deus Diablo
UNATCO

Post by Deus Diablo »

I believe someone was doing this, however how far they got with it I don't know.
DanielM
Lead Nit Picker
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, it was called Deus Ex Prequel (very original, innit?). They put it on hold until the editing tools for Deus Ex 2 is released. In other words, they ended up closing the project because modding-wise, Deus Ex is teh suxx0r.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine