Diablo 3 - Right in your face!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

One of the few advantages of being a student: The ability to prioritize games over your studies.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Yeah, I miss that. I could prioritize Diablo over my work, but that would cost me the cash so I won't :(
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

There's a possibility I'll play if everyone else does, it's pretty far off though I guess.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

I...I've never played any of the Diablo's ._.

I hope the online's decent! And I'd be up for some co-op, maybe roll myself a Paladin or Warrior :D
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Master_Kale wrote:I...I've never played any of the Diablo's ._.
OMG!
I hope the online's decent! And I'd be up for some co-op, maybe roll myself a Paladin or Warrior :D
Decent?! DECENT!? These are the guys who created Diablo II, whose online is AAA and World of Warcraft whose online is apparently good (but I'm not going to try because of the addiction).

Really man, pick up 2 and LoD from the bargain bin for $10.
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

It would have to be a used copy, I've checked out various EB Games locations and they've all got it for 40 bucks.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:But can you keep up with a couple of dead-beats like Phas and I, who play when normal people are at work? :)
That's mid-afternoon in the US thanks to the magic of timezones. :P
Diablo 2 was kinda ruined for me by my friends rushing me through it to grind for random shit a day after I got it. :| They made me skip all the cutscenes and ignore side quests and everything just to rush to the end so we could kill the last boss and see what he'd drop. I was enjoying it single player for what little time I had with it before that. Hopefully I'll get some alone time with D3 before my friends even find out I own a copy.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Fulgrymm wrote:It would have to be a used copy, I've checked out various EB Games locations and they've all got it for 40 bucks.
I got D2 for 5 euros and LoD for another five.
Here they are for a bit more, but still no 40 bucks:
http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searcht ... x=0&go.y=0
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Mmm, perhaps they are cheaper when bought separately. I was talking about the battle chest or whatever it's called that has them both in one box. I keep wanting to buy it, but I don't want to pay that much for such an old game.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Yeah, that might be. I have them both in dvd cases without paper manual and any kind of other luxury. So that probably is cheaper than a box set.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

The box set comes with the Diablo 2 strategy guide, Diablo 1, manuals for both... and all the game discs in these super cheap paper sleeves that are real easy to misplace and just make you feel angry at Blizzard every time you look at them. So glad I can download and install the game via Blizzard's online store now.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Jonas wrote:
Dead-eye wrote:To tell you the truth I really kinda don't like most RPGs because you spend hours of your life leveling up to no end and for no purpose other then to play the game... WTF.
Uh... huh. So how is that different from any other game? I mean playing eg. UT3, you spend hours of your life honing your twitch skills to perfection and for no purpose other than to play the game. At least in RPG's, there's usually a good story you can experience :P
Hay I didn't say I haven't played Oblivion to hell and back, I'm just saying theres so much time spent to get so little.

And yes MGS4 was a huge time waster too... that came out on the 12th and it's now the 29th and I still haven't stopped playing... god give me a life.
bgerstle
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by bgerstle »

Yeah, Diablo III looks awesome...but let us not forget about Fallout 3!! I can't wait for Bethesda's announcement at E3.
xkcd is awesome
Dinosaur Comics are awesome
If you don't read them, you are not awesome